When to move up a level?

Options
Ok so I have just finished day 10 and I am exhausted. I cannot say I am following natalie on every move because I'm simply not - most of the cardio I can do at high level, but a lot of the strength training I can't especially the push ups.

So do I move up a level and do the easy moves at that level, or should I wait and master this level. What are you guys thinking of doing?

I think I'm going to try level 2 tomorrow at least, but if it kicks my *kitten* I'm probably going to feel a little sheepish and wonder if I've moved on too soon.

Jillian says 'when you are ready' but how do you know?

Replies

• rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert for sure, but I think most people do 10 days on each level. I don't think you have to be doing every exercise perfectly, just feel "comfortable" doing them. I am not good at push-ups, never have been. I know if I keep it up, my arm strength will be better, but I doubt if I'll be able to do a "regular" push-up in 10 days, but I won't let that hold me back from starting level 2.

I think I'd go ahead and try level 2 and if you really feel you aren't doing it well enough, maybe go back to level 1 for a couple of more days. I guess what I'm saying is do what feels right for you and most of all, for your body.
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you feel ready to move on to Level 2 do it. No shame if you have to come back down to level 1. If you do try level to and come back to level 1 it will probably make level 1 seem easier.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm going to do 10 days each regardless of how well I do everything. I will probably go thru all 30 days without doing a push up the way Natalie does. That's not to say that I'm not going to keep trying!

That said, once we finish, I'm going to go back thru them in rotation with other workouts.