Recipes

Options
3trees
3trees Posts: 71 Member
PhasedAngel suggested we start a group to help motivate each other. I haven't been part of a group, but I'm game, so here goes. So far I have myself and phasedangel as moderators. As far as I'm concerned, we can all be moderators, so if you want to be, just let met me know.

Starting topic: My understanding of weight loss is that it is 80% diet and 20% exercise. On that note, I wondered if anyone had recipes they want to share?

Replies

• 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'll start. I find eggs are a really good way to get protein without a lot of calories. I also find them very filling. I also have 20 chickens, so I usually have wonderful fresh eggs on hand.

This past week I found a new recipe for bacon and eggs made in muffin pans. The muffin pans allow you to make many in advance. So far, that has been a fail, because my family eats them all within hours. However, they will tire of them and I should be able to have them for breakfast during the week. Actually, I have 2 hidden in the back of the fridge now for tomorrow.

I replace the bacon with turkey bacon. I replace the half and half with skim milk. I threw in some cayenne pepper for a little kick.
    Here's the recipe:

http://www.homemadesimple.com/en-us/foodandrecipes/pages/muffin-tin-portioning.aspx?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Digest&utm_content=Center+Nav+3&utm_campaign=January
  • vacamama
    vacamama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    those look incredible.. I think I would add a little potato on the bottom to make it more filling. Maybe I will make them this week!

Anyways, for me, I just recently tried the Paleo Pizza (Cauliflower Crust) and it was AMAZING! only 200 calls for a huge slice (1/8th of pizza) absolutely loaded with everything from pesto to goat cheese to chicken sausage and turkey bacon. mmmm...

I also really like sweets, so I have been making more smoothies with frozen fruit, 0% Greek yogurt and Almond milk. They are great and filling as well.

Those are my fav right now :)