Introductions

Options
Hello everyone! I am so excited to get this group going. I did my first round by myself and it was challenging on my own! I am so glad to have found a place like MPF and that we all can motivate and encourage each other throughout our Turbo Fire journeys!

I'm Kelsey, a stay at home mom of 3 kids under 5! I am a Beachbody coach (love it!) so feel free to ask any questions you have! I started working out last February doing a few weeks of Zumba followed by a few weeks of Turbo Jam until I found Turbo Fire. I fell in LOVE with it! I started in March 2011 when my youngest was 3 months old. I lost 17 pounds and 19 inches during those 90 days - so much more than I ever imagined!! Turbo Fire totally transformed my life - both physically and mentally. I'm going to be starting my second round in two weeks, when I am finished with my current program. This time I am making a hybrid of Turbo Fire and P90X, but focused mostly on Turbo Fire. I'm hoping to lose some body fat and tone up for beach season!

Tell me a little about yourself!

Replies

• isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group Kelsey :) I am a huge TurboFire fan and have been using the workouts since Jan 1, totally hooked. I just added the Chalene Extreme workouts 3 weeks ago so I am doing a hybrid and hope to lose about 19 more pounds. I have lost 6lbs since Jan2 - that never happens so quickly for me! My main goals though are to just get healthy and fit as I am so much happier and energetic. I was exhausted all the time prior to Jan 1 and felt that I was just so much older feeling than my age. Thanks to TurboFire I honestly feel 10 years younger already just in my energy levels :)
  • Jacinta130
    Options
    Hi,
    Ive just joined the group!
    I love TF, At the moment though it's hard to follow the programme every day because of my studies and placement (work), i do 12hr shifts and some times can do 2 days in a row so can feel pretty tired by the end of work. My schedule is changing soon though so i'll be able to follow it more on a daily basis then.
    I love it though and Charlene is such a motivation.

Has anyone done the 5 day inferno plan? Did you get great results?

Glad to be part of this group :-)
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I will be starting Turbo Fire tomorrow! I am anxious, excited, nervous... but hoping for great results!!!
  • sandymck413
    sandymck413 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i've been doing turbo fire since April of 2011, i weighed 255 when I started it and 26lbs. I think it"s the best workout CD I've every had and I have alot of workout CD's.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I am Rhenee' - I am 47 years old, 5'3" need to lose another 30-35 pounds. I was very excited to see a new Turbo Fire group come together. I started at the beginning of January with another group and after a couple of weeks it seems that everyone stopped participating. I, for one, need that encouragement and look forward to logging in every day and seeing what everyone else is up to. I have a lot of things going on in my life that have been negative and I decided this morning to turn all of that "wasted" energy into something positive for me. I need to use my anger and frustration to burn this fat off and start feeling good about myself again. I feel like I have lost myself somewhere along the way and it is time for me to focus on my needs for a change because in the past few years I have focused on everyone around me, trying to make them happy, and now I look at myself and don't even recognize me. I want me back and I am willing to give this all I got!! No guts, no glory......nice butt, no worry!!
  • Tara1090
    Options
    Hey there - I am Rhenee' - I am 47 years old, 5'3" need to lose another 30-35 pounds. I was very excited to see a new Turbo Fire group come together. I started at the beginning of January with another group and after a couple of weeks it seems that everyone stopped participating. I, for one, need that encouragement and look forward to logging in every day and seeing what everyone else is up to. I have a lot of things going on in my life that have been negative and I decided this morning to turn all of that "wasted" energy into something positive for me. I need to use my anger and frustration to burn this fat off and start feeling good about myself again. I feel like I have lost myself somewhere along the way and it is time for me to focus on my needs for a change because in the past few years I have focused on everyone around me, trying to make them happy, and now I look at myself and don't even recognize me. I want me back and I am willing to give this all I got!! No guts, no glory......nice butt, no worry!!

Good for you!! You sound like you have your focus back and are ready to work hard :) Welcome!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I am going to jump back into my Turbo Fire tonight. Since I was only a couple weeks in, I am just going to start back at the beginning of the schedule that came with it. I have Chaleane Extreme too and thought about doing that Hybrid....confusing trying to figure out the best way to do this. I do know a lot of time can be spent trying to figure it out when really, anything is better than what I have been doing in the past 3 years!!!:ohwell:
  • Cpuff70
    Cpuff70 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just started TF last week. I've done Turbo Jam & Chalean Extreme also, Hip Hop Abs & a little bit of Insanity in the past with great success but every time I stop working out regularly & consistently eating well I regain the weight. Duh, right? I'm determined this time will be for good & I will permanently embrace the healthy lifestyle I know how to live. Btw, I'm 41, a wife & mom of 3. I know how helpful it is to have support so i'm happy to join this group. Please friend me also!
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    Hi all! I just ordered my TurboFire yesterday, SO excited for it to arrive!!! I can't wait to get started!

I'm 28, grew up in the USA but am currently living in London, England. I was on a dance team for years, super active exercising and dancing for hours every day! Now I'm a lawyer working at least 12 hour days with a commute in and out of the city each day...needless to say I've lost the exercise and upped the stress eating!

I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred, which is getting me moving and toned but is really repetitive and boring! Plus, Jillian uses a lot of negative reinforcement (i.e., you want to look good you have to suffer) kind of thing, rather than positive upbeat reinforcement which I'm hoping Chalene will give!

I'm looking forward to cheering you all on and going for it together! We can do it!
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Chrissie 43 mom of 3, I was doing turbo fire last year and loved it.. but Came down with pneumonia end of July, and it took a long time to get better and to not feel winded when working out.

I started in January, doing 30 day shred. but didn't get fully into it till Jan 22nd. I have been doing the 30day shred and 6pk abs in 6 weeks along with Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I would mix them around

So I guess I will get back into turbo fire now. I was doing the 15min hitt along with the 6pk abs. and I almost died hehe

Ill just work into it! Have to kick it up, I have lost an inch in my belly but no weight loss yet :(

Looking forward to joining in again!
  • Crystal2807
    Crystal2807 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started Turbo fire with a friend this morning, we both needed a little extra motivation! I'm so board with treadmills and ellipticals. This is just what I needed.
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There is a hybrid schedule out there, I did it last year when I was doing it... I'll look and see if i have it..

http://sexyinsideandout.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Chalean-Extreme-and-TurboFire-Hybrid.pdf

there you go :)
  • Steph62002
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have been doing Turbo Fire for a little over a year now, and am currently on my second hybrid of TF and CLX. I love Chalene, and have seen the greatest results from her programs!

I'm 32 and have lost a total of 99 lbs since 2008. I work full time outside of the home and my husband and I have two boys. I do strength training in the morning and cardio at night, whenever I can fit it in our crazy schedules!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hola! I'm Nicole and I'm waiting for TurboFire to come in the mail this Friday. I'm on my 9th week of TurboJam and I absolutely love it. I'm about halfway to my goal weight so I'm amped to finish up strong! P90X and TurboJam got me this far, believing that TurboFire will get me to my goal.

Before/Halfway...
    halfway.jpg
  • Tara1090
    Options
    Hola! I'm Nicole and I'm waiting for TurboFire to come in the mail this Friday. I'm on my 9th week of TurboJam and I absolutely love it. I'm about halfway to my goal weight so I'm amped to finish up strong! P90X and TurboJam got me this far, believing that TurboFire will get me to my goal.

Before/Halfway...
    halfway.jpg

WOW NICOLE! What a transformation! Awesome JOB!
  • Leslie271323
    Options
    Hi!! I'm leslie! Sorry it took me so long to introduce myself. Im new to MFP and couldn't find where the group info was! Just found it now!
    Well I'm an 29 years old and looking to lose about 10-15 pounds and TONE! I have two kids, 4 and 1 which are my entire life!

I have been off and on with insanity for about 6 months now. I never seem to get past week 3. I think I was just really bored of it, so I did some research and decided TurboFire would best suite me needs! I absolutely love it! I sweat more with TF than insanity and I have fun which keeps me interested and wanting to push myself and do more!!

I just really want to feel comfortable in my own skin, and be able to wear my little bikini this summer and feel good in it!!

I'm glad to have all you on this journey with me, Lord knows I need all the extra encouragement!!
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I am so glad to "meet" everyone! I am getting SO antsy to start Turbo Fire again... I hope the 20th hurries up! I felt SO different after Turbo Fire than I did before, I don't even recognize that girl anymore. Something about Chalene really pushed me during the 90 days and pushed me out of my comfort zone in other areas of my life. Here's to a new us!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Tara1090 - Awe, thanks hun!
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Brooke. I am 30 years old and a middle school English teacher. I teach 6th graders and they EXHAUST ME! I am a mom of two boys (3 and 5) I have always tried losing weight without the exercise part and that has worked, but I am really now trying to focus on becoming fit WHILE losing weight. I wanted to do Turbo Fire because I have been reading all of the results from the people here that have completed it and looked great.

I am on week 1 and I like it so far. I do not plan on giving up so I am hoping to be able to come on here and hear all about all of you working out so that I can push myself. :-)

Here are some questions if anyone can answer:
    (I have asked this before, but...) do you eventaully "get" the movements? Sometimes I am so confused as to what she is asking us to do and she is so quick...it is very frustrated and at one point tonight I actually got mad at her and wanted to stop because I had no idea what she was doing...am I that uncoordinated?

also, do you do other workouts everyday in addition to this?

I am looking forward to talking with all of you~
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Brooke, I didn't do any other workouts other than Turbo Fire. In month 3 I tried to add running into the HIIT days, but my body got really tired so I stopped doing them together and would rotate days. You just need to listen to your body, it will let you know if you are doing too much.