Do you let your dog/s sleep on the bed?

Options
kappyd
kappyd Posts: 199 Member
Just wondering do you let your pets sleep on the bed at night?

Replies

• hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have a grey hound shepherd mix she sleeps in bed with us a lot but by the time that its her my husband and the two cats.. By the end of the night the pets got to go or we look like pretzels in the morning and can't move.
  • Sweetpopcorn619
    Options
    :sad: Nope... My Chow Chow is too independent... She won't even let you pick her up if she's not in the right mood...
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    absolutely not....

wait a minute!
    henrysnugglebed.jpg
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Yes, the nights my husband is away for work my dogs will take turns during the night sleeping on the bed with me... It starts off with one and in the moring it's another...lol!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    We crated our Golden for the first year and that worked out well as he developed good self-reliance and independence. After that first year (or a little later), we decided that life with a dog is way too short, and we wanted to spend more time together, so we gave him permission to climb on in. The funny thing was that, if I got up for any length of time whatsoever, he would immediately move into 'my' spot next to my wife, instead of "his" spot at the foot of the bed. Yeah the dog hair was a pain, but I wouldn't have wanted to miss any of it. And now that he is gone, it's a much emptier place.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yes...don't judge me...
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Yep, mine create a human sandwich between us. Pretty funny the last few nights as the puppy (almost 2) has jammed himself as far up to the wall between our heads as possible. The dog who's afraid of nothing is all of a sudden afraid of something we can't tell what!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Yep, mine create a human sandwich between us. Pretty funny the last few nights as the puppy (almost 2) has jammed himself as far up to the wall between our heads as possible. The dog who's afraid of nothing is all of a sudden afraid of something we can't tell what!

When he was younger, our golden retriever would creep up in the morning to the head of the bed and curl up on my pillow, around my head, like a cat--except it was a 75 pound dog. He stopped doing it after awhile, but we could never figure out what started it.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    no, we used to, but my 3 year old desisded she dint like the dog getting to sleep some where she dint.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mine sleep on the bed. When I start turning off the lights in the house they head for the bed. I had to make a set of stairs for my older girl now she can go up and down by herself.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I let my Staffordshire sleep with me when my husband is gone...like last year when he was working in Kuwait (private contracting job). My husband has some allergy issues, so that's why no dogs in the bed.

Otherwise each of the dogs have their own little beds, they know once they've had dinner and we let them in - it's bed time! They all run to their respective areas. Too cute! :)

I did try to train my staffy to sleep in my daughter's room, just because I'm paranoid and boy did that FAIL! lol The first night, the dog was in her bed, under the covers and on her pillow...the 2nd night I told my daughter "Don't call her up on the bed" - my daughter has ultra sensitive skin hence the reason no dogs in her bed. So after the 2nd night...yea, my daughter was asleep on the FLOOR with Ashley.....blankets, pillows and all....

Sooo....I bought Ashley a really nice dog bed after that. LMAO!!!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Oh hells no!!! LOL I have two Rottweilers and they sleep downstairs.....They play really rough therefore trudge a lot of dirt around cuz the smaller one usually ends up on on his back rolling and covered in slobber! LOL Not to mention all the dust/mud considering they killed a lot of the grass in the yard....Its impossible to give them a bath everyday just so they could hop into the bed!! LOL

But they get plenty of cuddle time..just not in the bed!! LOL
  • Chip10k
    Chip10k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My dogs usually sleep in my moms room but in the morning when they come out to eat and are hanging out in the living room Zoe, our oldest, will sneak into my room and sleep with me.

I have four cats, two of which sleep with me every night. It would be weird not having my tonk, Syd curled up in my arms and my other girl Lu at my feet!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'd never get any sleep if my dog didn't sleep with me! I work overnights and sleep during the day. If I didn't put him in bed with me all I'd hear all day is the clicking and clacking of his nails and the occasional banging of his Cuz toy. He's a boston terrier and seems to have a blanket switch. As soon as I put him under the blanket, he falls asleep.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    No my dog Ozzy lets me sleep in the bed...LOL :)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Most definitely!! Even though I often end up squished between my Labrador and Siamese (for a little cat he can squeeze well!!) If I am doing something else in the room or out in the evening, my Labbie sleeps on the middle of the bed, just below the pillows - pretty much where I sleep at night. Siamese either sleeps next to me on pillows, at my side (opposite side to dog) or on top of me...
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Maxine occasionally lets us sleep in the bed - hahaha! Usually when I wake up to get ready for work, she steals my spot and sleeps next to my sweetie for a while - head on my pillow and all! But she prefers "her bed" in "her room". She has taken over one of our guest rooms including its queen size bed. We have the bed pushed up to the window so she can lay in bed and keep an eye on the neighborhood. I swear, she's like a teenage girl - right after dinner she goes to her room and wants nothing to do with "mom" and "dad". I always joke that if she had thumbs, we'd be in trouble ('cuz she'd be texting day and night!)
  • lme0627
    lme0627 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Two do- the two smaller dogs- one sleeps with me and one with my son. Now the big dogs-no- they weigh 71# and 120#- they would take up the whole bed. My rule- you gotta be under 30# to sleep on the bed!
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    Lord help me I do! When we first brought him home we tried hard to let him sleep alone but he just cried and cried. It broke our heart. That was the beginning of the end....
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    LOL... Ozzyzmommy :)