Welcome!!! Please introduce yourself!

Options
12346»

Replies

• xael1234
    xael1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41 and health problems, depression and my own bad choices have gotten me as heavy as I am today. I have been living in denial for so long as the weight just kept getting hgher and higher. I have a daughter and grandbabies I want to be around for and I want a life to live not just struggle through.
    It's been a rough couple weeks but I have made it this far and I will continue. God willing I will have the strength to get better, lighter and stronger
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello to XAEL1234 and welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like. I'm on here every day! Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. Same as you, I have a daughter and two grand babies. They're my main motivation to get healthy. You're lucky that you're starting this journey in your early 40's. I started too late and some of the damage I've done to my body is irreversible. So keep it up -- the time is now!
  • amys505
    amys505 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I'm Amy. My starting weight was over 300 and I'm down into the high 200's now. Still have a long way to go. I'm always looking for new friends. Add me if you are, too!
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Anne and I too have a LOT of weight to lose. I'm 53 years old, married, and have a 25-yr-old daughter. I'm also a two-time breast cancer survivor.

I've been overweight since the day I came into this world at 10 lbs., 4 oz. My love for food (especially carbs) plus being an emotional eater has brought me to this place. I stepped on the scale at my dr's appt. last week and was thoroughly disgusted. I've reached the point where I can't deny my addiction anymore.

I just began using myfitnesspal.com this past week, so I'm a newbie, but I've gained and lost 100's of pounds in the past, so I'm not new to the concept of living healthier and weighing less.

I don't want to focus on the overwhelming amount of weight I have to lose, but rather on feeling healthier and being able to do the things I've never been able to do. I'm also focusing on doing the best that I can do one day at a time. Seems like a better approach to the whole idea than stressing over an overwhelming number of pounds all at once.

I figure I certainly didn't put all of this weight on overnight, so I can't expect to lose it overnight. Taking this into consideration, I think aiming for 10 or 20-pound goals is more realistic than thinking about 200 or lbs. Don't know if you'll agree, but this is the way I'm doing it and so far, so good.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing weight loss, amy505! Congratulations and keep on doing what you're doing!
  • mrshadsall
    mrshadsall Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My name is Paula. I am 42 years old, married with two kids. I have stuggled with my weight all my life. I have lost 100 or more pounds twice before, but my 42 year old metabolism is apparently much slower. I am really struggling this time, so I am hoping to find some friends on here so we can offer each other support. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • aedam
    aedam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Aedam, and I am 24, a mother of two, and a Navy wife. It was actually this year that made me want to get serious about weight loss. After years of childhood abuse, I finally got diagnosed with complex post traumatic stress disorder. I had used food as comfort my whole life, because it was the only thing I had to look forward to. I am currently in exposure therapy...bad timing since my husband is deployed. I decided to use the time during his deployment to take better care of myself while I am in treatment. I want to improve emotionally, psychologically and physically. It has been very difficult though, with my husband being away. He was my biggest support, and now we are lucky to email maybe once a week.

SW: 400
    CW: 387
    GW: 170

Really hoping to build a support system here, or anywhere. Thank you for reading.
  • taryninoly
    taryninoly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi :-)

My name is Taryn and I live in Olympia, WA.
    I am so tired of being the chubby gal. I have decided that enough is enough and I am ready to make the change. I know I have lots of weight to lose and this 25 lb lost is just a drop in the bucket. Day by day is my motto - but I can use all the support out there! I have a really supportive boyfriend but he is from an active family (they all love being out on the boat etc..) Yesterday was a NSV for me - not only did I reach 25 lbs but I was able to enjoy the boat pain free. I was able to climb onto the boat from the dock with ease (that has not happened for a long time)

Thanks to all the support I have found in MFP I am chipping away at my weightloss goal :-)

-Taryn
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cindy I'm 59 and weigh 358 . What's worse is that I'm only 4' 9" tall. I found this group through a new friend and am so excited about it. I hope that it will become more active because I have so many questions to ask and it helps me feel like I'm not alone in this. Please , please lets keep this going.....thanks everyone.....
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    services dogs help with PTSD too
    My husband is a disabled veteran with a service dog and it has made a world of difference in his life he is able to be in crowds and stay places longer and do more by himself
    Hello everyone. My name is Aedam, and I am 24, a mother of two, and a Navy wife. It was actually this year that made me want to get serious about weight loss. After years of childhood abuse, I finally got diagnosed with complex post traumatic stress disorder. I had used food as comfort my whole life, because it was the only thing I had to look forward to. I am currently in exposure therapy...bad timing since my husband is deployed. I decided to use the time during his deployment to take better care of myself while I am in treatment. I want to improve emotionally, psychologically and physically. It has been very difficult though, with my husband being away. He was my biggest support, and now we are lucky to email maybe once a week.

SW: 400
    CW: 387
    GW: 170

Really hoping to build a support system here, or anywhere. Thank you for reading.
  • myrag805
    myrag805 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my nameis Myra. I am 35 years old and I have always struggled with my weight. I finally made the decision to start the process to get bariatric surgery done. I need as much support as I can get through this process. This is the beginning of my healthy life.