I slipped - 3 days in a row. Hoping not to make it 4 days

Options
sonal150
sonal150 Posts: 36 Member
Confession -
I did not exercise for last 3 days. Feb 5 - I was sick. Feb 6 - Worked late. Feb 7 - Kinda gave up :-(
I am posting this to be accountable and pick up myself with your support. I plan to work out tomorrow before going to work.
I feel I am on the same track as I was in the past. Somewhere in the process losing my priority and putting all the other things in life before doing the workout. Within days, I am back to where I was making new resolutions and feeling like a loser.

I wish posting what I am doing will open my eyes and get be back on track.....
Thank you again for being an awesome group.

Replies

• Sammychch
    Options
    Ok it's not the end of the world. tomorrow is always a new day.
    Now I understand being sick and working late. Is there any way you can go for a walk during your lunch break?
    If you are finding that you are getting super shot on time then do little workouts through the day. Like 10 squats every time you get the chance eg making a cup of tea, cooking dinner etc.

The big thing to remember is that no one can do everything right all the time.
    Motivation needs replenshed daily.
    What do you have to remind you that the choices you make are worth it. I have a photo of me finishing a race it reminds me I can push myself hard and get there when I try. also I looked HOT then. :glasses:

Do you mind me asking what your specific goals are. The big over all goals and the little daily and weekly thing?

I know you can get yourself back on track because you want this!:happy:
  • cadams0715
    Options
    I know the feeling and it is what always has happened to me in the past and why I give up. I am determined this time to lose at least 70 pounds.

I got a free session with a life coach at my gym and she says this is the storm phase, we just have to remember it will pass. I am also in this phase right now of not wanting to work out. But she said something that really stuck with me. It won't hurt our bodies to skip a day or two workout, it won't ruin our diet (or life style change). It does ruin us mentally, so once we start skipping we come up with excuses (no matter how good they are) why we can't work out. Although being sick is a reason, not an excuse.
    I have to work out before work, or I know I won't go later, does this work for you?
  • sonal150
    Options
    Ok it's not the end of the world. tomorrow is always a new day.
    Now I understand being sick and working late. Is there any way you can go for a walk during your lunch break?
    If you are finding that you are getting super shot on time then do little workouts through the day. Like 10 squats every time you get the chance eg making a cup of tea, cooking dinner etc.

The big thing to remember is that no one can do everything right all the time.
    Motivation needs replenshed daily.
    What do you have to remind you that the choices you make are worth it. I have a photo of me finishing a race it reminds me I can push myself hard and get there when I try. also I looked HOT then. :glasses:

Do you mind me asking what your specific goals are. The big over all goals and the little daily and weekly thing?

I know you can get yourself back on track because you want this!:happy:

Dear Sammychch,

Thank you for replying to my post!! You are so kind. You gave me very helpful but simple ideas. I will keep in mind to put in little workouts/walk during lunch on the day if I miss the morning workout.

I have the big goal of losing 28lbs. But I never thought about smaller goals - weekly or daily. I think it is a great idea to keep a check, achieve the goal and feel confident to go for the next day or next week. I guess - One day at a time philosophy.

I will make it a goal to fill in my food journal every day.
    My Weekly goal is to do some exercise every day - if not a dedicated workout (some mini-workouts every day)

Thank you again for the ideas and for lifting me up. :flowerforyou:
  • sonal150
    Options
    I know the feeling and it is what always has happened to me in the past and why I give up. I am determined this time to lose at least 70 pounds.

I got a free session with a life coach at my gym and she says this is the storm phase, we just have to remember it will pass. I am also in this phase right now of not wanting to work out. But she said something that really stuck with me. It won't hurt our bodies to skip a day or two workout, it won't ruin our diet (or life style change). It does ruin us mentally, so once we start skipping we come up with excuses (no matter how good they are) why we can't work out. Although being sick is a reason, not an excuse.
    I have to work out before work, or I know I won't go later, does this work for you?

Dear cadams0715,
    Thank you for reply! You are right - this is a phase and it will pass. We just do not have to give up on ourselves. :smile:
    I have experienced it this time and also in the past that once I start making one excuse it usually creates a pattern and I keep on slipping on my workouts, foods for not just days but weeks!! :cry:

It is a good idea to workout before I go for work. I will try my best to follow this timing and make it work.
    Thank you again for your support! All the best for achieving our weight loss goal.