Advocare

Options
saraemily5
saraemily5 Posts: 116 Member
I am on day 17 of the 24 day challenge! I am LOVING it!!! So far I'm down 7 lbs. I haven't measured yet... waiting til day 25! But I'm re-ordering my MNS right now so that I continue on this journey!

Replies

• gonzang
    gonzang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I finished the challenge in January. Still can't believe how much I liked it and still like the nutrition plan and MNS. My trainer is doing my measurements on Friday. Think they're going to be impressive.
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I just posted this over on another group yesterday, but maybe you guys can be of some assistance...

Ok, I have done the Herbal Cleanse several times before. I have always felt better and thinner but have never lost any weight. A girlfriend talked me into the 24 Day Challenge. We compromised on to take only the Cleanse and then 14 days of MSN, none of the shakes or Spark. I have to admit I am very nervious. That is a lot of pills and in general totally against anything I "believe" in. Heck I don't even like to take Tylenol or Ibueprofens! A side of my 5 or 6 vitamins I take a day, I do not use anything else as a supplement or support.
    In the past 6 months I have put on 10 pounds for no reason! I have been very strict with my diet and A LOT of excerise and the scale has not budged...not even a little! My frustration is growing for sure. I have seen the doctor and nothing is wrong with me...good news but bad news since there isn't anything to pin point my weight gains. So I have turned to Advocare...We'll see. I am very optomistic that this can be the turning point to get my metabolism fired up again. I have also added Thermo Plus, as well. I am taking the MSN Max 3 since it stated there was less caffine - something I am also not a huge fan of.

We start on Saturday...Anyone have advice on what to expect the next 24 days?
  • saraemily5
    saraemily5 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I just posted this over on another group yesterday, but maybe you guys can be of some assistance...

Ok, I have done the Herbal Cleanse several times before. I have always felt better and thinner but have never lost any weight. A girlfriend talked me into the 24 Day Challenge. We compromised on to take only the Cleanse and then 14 days of MSN, none of the shakes or Spark. I have to admit I am very nervious. That is a lot of pills and in general totally against anything I "believe" in. Heck I don't even like to take Tylenol or Ibueprofens! A side of my 5 or 6 vitamins I take a day, I do not use anything else as a supplement or support.
    In the past 6 months I have put on 10 pounds for no reason! I have been very strict with my diet and A LOT of excerise and the scale has not budged...not even a little! My frustration is growing for sure. I have seen the doctor and nothing is wrong with me...good news but bad news since there isn't anything to pin point my weight gains. So I have turned to Advocare...We'll see. I am very optomistic that this can be the turning point to get my metabolism fired up again. I have also added Thermo Plus, as well. I am taking the MSN Max 3 since it stated there was less caffine - something I am also not a huge fan of.

We start on Saturday...Anyone have advice on what to expect the next 24 days?

Good for you!! You will do great!! The herbal cleanse is actually not designed for you to lose weight on - it is designed to clear out your body of toxins and prepare it for optimal nutrient absorption of the MNS. Some people do lose weight on the cleanse because they had an excess of gunk in their system that is being cleaned out. The MNS is where it's at!! Don't stress about the MNS... there is actually not much if ANY caffiene in the MNS. Most of their supplements or 'pills' are herbal and natural. I cannot tell you how much I have LOVED this program so far!! Make sure you follow the suggested diet, take the supplements when and as directed, and you will do fantastic!!
  • nlehmann
    Options
    Thanks. I am excited, I will make sure to measure and take a few photos this weekend. Fingers-Crossed!
  • sportsrn1
    sportsrn1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I finished the challenge in January. Still can't believe how much I liked it and still like the nutrition plan and MNS. My trainer is doing my measurements on Friday. Think they're going to be impressive.

It's awesome stuff, isn't it? If you don't mind, can you report your loss in inches! It's exciting and motivating! Congrats!!!!
  • gonzang
    Options
    I do like drinking Spark and I do drink the shake for breakfast on days I need to rush or that I am not very hungry. About caffeine, there's not much really. You can always choose the MNS C or 3.

I will share my measurements (well, the losses in inches--lol) when we do them later this week!

Let's keep each other motivared. That is one of the best parts of the Advo program--the support system.
  • gonzang
    Options
    My stats, as promised: lost 14 lbs, 5 inches, and 4%/4points according to the Omron body fat analyzer. A little less with the caliper skin fold analysis. Pretty remarkable for less than a month! :happy:

How are you all doing?
  • nlehmann
    Options
    That's awesome-congrats! Today is day 4 of the cleanse. I haven't noticed a big differece in the way I feel yet but when I done the cleanse before it has take a while to start feeling better.

Are you contintuing with the MNS? I am not following the whole program, I will not be using the shakes or spark.
  • melloneill16
    melloneill16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...I am on Day 12 of the 24 day Challenge and am feeling fabulous. Someone mentioned no shakes or spark? Can I ask how come? They are what keep me energized and motivated! If is the caffiene there is the V16 version with non in it!. I know what you mean about taking anything at all, but I have found that Advocare has the stuff found in food anyway just more concentrate. I am a yo - yo dieter and have finally found something to keep me on track! Good luck all!
  • nlehmann
    Options
    No spark or shakes for me mainly because I don't really need them. My diet is balanced enough without it, the calories I would get in the shake I can get from a normal lunch for me. As for the spark, I don't need much of the energy from it, I don't have issues getting through my workouts or the day in general.

I am looking for a kickstart to my metabolism which seems to have come to a halt the last 6 months or so. Hopefully the MSN will be what I need to get the scale and inches moving in the right direction.

Has anyone used the Thermo Plus?
  • gonzang
    Options
    I am still using the MNS. I just changed from 3 to C today though because the C helps some folks even out their moods. I think thatwould work well for me.

I love how Spark tastes and how it gives me balanced energy without the spike and crash like coffee. I do use the shake on mornings that I am either in a hurry or not feeling super hungry.

I just started Catalyst a few days ago and so far so goodI have not tried Thermoplus, but my friends love it and say it has helped them drop weight a little faster.
  • CoachLewis81
    Options
    I'm on day 23 and have lost 14 lbs so far!
  • donna_sue38
    Options
    Here goes day two of the Challenge. No turning back now.....
  • nlehmann
    Options
    through the cleanse onto MNS tomorrow!
  • sportsrn1
    Options
    My stats, as promised: lost 14 lbs, 5 inches, and 4%/4points according to the Omron body fat analyzer. A little less with the caliper skin fold analysis. Pretty remarkable for less than a month! :happy:

How are you all doing?
    AMAZING!!!! Yay!!!!!!
    I am doing great when I am able to stick with it! :) I lost 10 pounds my first 24 day challenge. I have been off and on MNS for about 3 weeks. I can really tell a difference without it. I feel so much better when I am on product. I have about 20 to 25 pounds left?
  • nlehmann
    Options

How are you all doing?
    AMAZING!!!! Yay!!!!!!
    I am doing great when I am able to stick with it! :) I lost 10 pounds my first 24 day challenge. I have been off and on MNS for about 3 weeks. I can really tell a difference without it. I feel so much better when I am on product. I have about 20 to 25 pounds left?

Question...more a concern really...since you lost the 10 lbs and have been off for 3 weeks, have you gained back? I am on day 3 of MNS and would hate to invest all the time and money to have ot stay on the product to maintain the weight loss.
  • gonzang
    Options
    I don't think you HAVE to stay on MNS to maintain, but it should make it easier.
  • sportsrn1
    Options
    Sorry, I just saw this. No, I haven't gained the weight back, but I have gained 2-3 pounds, only because I was eating bad, and water weight. :/
    That's what I love about these supplements and the advocare program. It teaches you how we all should eat. You shouldn't have to stay on product to maintain. Once you learn to eat every couple hours, healthy choices, you will get your metabolism going. :happy:
  • melloneill16
    melloneill16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

How are you all doing?
    AMAZING!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Question...more a concern really...since you lost the 10 lbs and have been off for 3 weeks, have you gained back? I am on day 3 of MNS and would hate to invest all the time and money to have ot stay on the product to maintain the weight loss.

I look at it this way...most of us take vitamins anyway and that is what MNS is for me...I just completed my 24 day challenge and have been still taking Catalyst, Probiotic Ultra Restore and Coreplex, spark, Omegaplex, etc...but I find I am SOO TIRED at the end of the Day, that I did not have on the MNS, so that is going to be my mulit vitamin and I wont need the Coreplex and Omegaplex since I think it is already in there (or a version of Coreplex) (I may have to check that one out)
  • nlehmann
    Options
    3 days left in MNS and lost 1 pound or so. Not real impressed. I have watched my diet very closley and worked out as much if not more the last week. Not exactly what I was hoping for but not too suprised either. I have not noticed any change in my energy either I am able to get through my 2 a day workouts the same as before.