New and in need of support....

I've come to the conclusion that I am in need of support and prayers! It is so hard for me to understand that I can get advice about how to eat on my special diet from doctors, friends and families. However, I keep ignoring the fact that in my moments of weakness my God is the one who will give me the strength. I am hoping that I can offer my support to others. At this time, I need some prayers to help me walk through the door of what I consider to be one of my most difficult journeys. I am 40 years old and I am a mom of a blended family of 8 kids ranging from 17-9 years of age. Our two older boys (one mine and one my hubbys) will be 18 in two months. I have always had a lot of health problems. I've had an appendix removed, 2 C-sections, gall bladder removal, and recently a partial hysterectomy. These surgeries were all needed. In the process, I have been diagnosed with high cholesterol, fatty liver disease, diabetes type 2 (no need for insulin as of now) and fibromyalgia. I am also bipolar/ADHD. Recently, I became very sick with rashes all over my body, extreme fatigue, and extreme body pains. My doctor referred me to an immunologist/allergist who found environmental allergies along with food intolerances and an extreme case of yeast in the gut. I now get allergy shots once a week along with B12 shots. I take Nystatin for the yeast and must follow a yeast, sugar, gluten, and dairy free diet along with low carb and low fat. My carb intake should be 80 g. I have the tools from books, websites, and even weekly meal plans. The obstacles are time and motivation. I can start the week rather well and then I slip around Thursday evening and binge all weekend long. I had lost some weight and I gained it back. Plus, I feel sick again. My symptoms have come back. I know what I need to do but I just can't seem to put my head into it. Thus, my need for prayer. Sorry this was SO long, but thank you for reading.
Laura

Replies

• spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    You've had a tough road, but I am glad you are here! It seems like food can really play a big part either making us sick, or making us healthier. You are stronger than you know!
  • You have a lot of extra junk to deal with in addition to the task of losing weight. But maybe one condition is making the other worse. If you can tackle the special diet as your main priority, you will feel better, and as a benefit, you may drop some pounds as well. But tackling two fronts at once sounds like a lot to me. If you can get your body in a healthy state by eliminating troublesome foods, then you can tackle the extra pounds.

Either way, God is with you and His Spirit is there to guide you into all truth. I pray that you will receive wise counsel, Godly encouragement and a healthier you!
  • HealthyChicana
    HealthyChicana Posts: 26 Member
    Thank you! Today I realized that I was giving up and I did not like that. I am not a quitter. Instead I focused on the message God was sending me. Don't give up, don't give in but count on me!!
  • HealthyChicana
    I so appreciate the prayers. I have decided to approach two ladies in my church who have had to live with celiac disease. I know that their diet has extreme restrictions as mine, I am going to see if they can mentor me and help me seek some scripture that could provide me with more strength on this difficult journey. Thank you so much!
  • slimmersooner
    slimmersooner Posts: 28 Member
    I too live with a restricted diet. I am allergic to many, many, many things, along with other issues I am challenged with. I choose to eat what I do because I don/t like the consequences of when I choose the wrong things for my body. I have come to the realization though that I live and choose the restriction because God loves me. He knows what is best for my body and doesn't want me to live suffering. He wants me healthy so I may live to honor Him. It was challenging to change my view at first, I felt at the beginning I was denying myself when I was actually saving me from suffering down the road. It has taken many years to do a gradual change on that front, now I am tackling the weight gain from eating the wrong things.
    Try to focus on what is good and right and not what Satan wants you to see-self satisfaction.
    You will be in my prayers.
    Blessings
  • lilibis
    lilibis Posts: 12 Member
    Just remember, one day at time...view each right choice as a stepping stone to your goal! We are all praying for you.
  • HealthyChicana
    I too live with a restricted diet. I am allergic to many, many, many things, along with other issues I am challenged with. I choose to eat what I do because I don/t like the consequences of when I choose the wrong things for my body. I have come to the realization though that I live and choose the restriction because God loves me. He knows what is best for my body and doesn't want me to live suffering. He wants me healthy so I may live to honor Him. It was challenging to change my view at first, I felt at the beginning I was denying myself when I was actually saving me from suffering down the road. It has taken many years to do a gradual change on that front, now I am tackling the weight gain from eating the wrong things.
    Try to focus on what is good and right and not what Satan wants you to see-self satisfaction.
    You will be in my prayers.
    Blessings

Wow!! You really laid it on the line in way that no one else has ever done for me. I really appreciate that. If you don't mind I think I will use your words to guide me back to what GOD wants for my life. Thank you!!! Thank you so much!!!
  • HealthyChicana
    Just remember, one day at time...view each right choice as a stepping stone to your goal! We are all praying for you.

Thank you! All these prayers and my faith in GOD will be what I need to keep making steps forward on this new journey. Thank you!