Sparring

Options
Got rocked & dominated in sparring tonight - my trainer was going through a round robin and stepped up to his own level for more of the rounds and added some heat behind his punches. I then sparred the owner and he treated me like a fly he had to swat, he was so fluent and comfortable I couldnt get close........ took it on the chin (!) and kept learning, honoured to have the chance to share a ring with guys of that calibre....... Loved it!

Is anyone else sparring as part of their training?

Replies

• trkinsky
    trkinsky Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am too old and too much of a pacifist to get in the ring. I admire you for doing it. Boxing is the ultimate mano y mano test. Like I have stated before, my punching bag does not hit me back unless I get too lazy and stop moving my feet!
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    Im just lucky to have found it while I still have a small window to enjoy it. Even better to be getting a chance to spar against my trainer who is due to turn pro in May. He has a lead-in fight in March on the undercard of a big event here in Australia. Its a night of Boxing, MMA and Kickboxing with a world title kickboxing fight being the main event.

The event expects to sell 6,000 tickets with a televised audience of 20million (an American is fighting in the main event)................ granted my trainer is on the undercard in the first few fights, but still, I'm just honoured to be learning from a guy of that calibre!
  • OMT001
    OMT001 Posts: 9
    Options
    I spar 3 days week. I'm an older boxer now. Still good for 4 to 6 rounds depending on how I feel. It's fun. My experiance really helps me when I spar the younger guys.