Monthly Dinner Meet up

Options

Replies

• Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    I'm glad I checked back here. Thursdays are spoken for already by my weekly running group, but Wednesday, the 28th is clear. Anybody else want to chime in?
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    NOT FAIR.......................

SOME of us don't live near the Metro.

And YOU ALL should come up to DULUTH and go to the Duluth Grill!

.........just sayin' ...............................

I would LOVE to go to the Duluth Grill. It's on my list for the next time I'm in Duluth. There's also a Thai restaurant on Woodland and (I think) Arrowhead I want to check out.

Message me when you're coming up to the Duluth area..............we could meet at the Duluth Grill for lunch or dinner :bigsmile:
  • Runthismom
    Options
    Hey folks...if you could give a yay or nay for Wednesday the 28th at 6-ish pm at The Good Earth in Edina...that would be great!

Let me know my Monday evening so that I know we have a group going!

Thanks!!
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    That will work for me. How can people locate each other? Should we ask at the front for the My Fitness Pal group, or someting like that?
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just saw this, I may be able to make it if I remember.
  • 19steph88
    19steph88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You city slickers have fun! :-) (I am too far north to even think about a meet-up), I love Good Earth though! I just looked up the Duluth Grill's menu after reading previous posts! I am going to certainly go there the next time I am in Duluth.
  • Boo522
    Boo522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Vehicle is down so I can't make it this time. Next month definitely. I am in East St. Paul but I will look forward to meeting you guys.
  • Runthismom
    Options
    Hi folks!

So tomorrow is our frst meet-up! I am excited to meet you!

I will make up a sign to put out on the table. It sounds like it might be a small group...and that is ok!

Hope to see you all there!
  • Runthismom
    Options
    Our first meeting is upon us! :smile:

I will try to be at The Good Earth a bit before 6 so that I can get a table and all that. I am headed to the gym right now, and since the restaurant is closer to the gym than home...I will not be back at my computer, but if you need anything, questions, directions etc please email me at: krysty.thelen@gmail.com, as I will have my phone on me.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
  • Luv2bagramma
    Luv2bagramma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You guys have fun tonight!!! Wish I was closer to the Cities and my daughter *katsten on mfp* and I would join you. We are trying very diligently to eat healthier, wholesome foods and there just aren't alot of options we've found for eating out.

We're a little north of Duluth on 'da Range, but if you ever do a Duluth Grill outing we'll be in! Just let Pollywog know and I'm sure she could coordinate!

Good luck and eat healthy!

Lori
  • Runthismom
    Options
    You guys have fun tonight!!! Wish I was closer to the Cities and my daughter *katsten on mfp* and I would join you. We are trying very diligently to eat healthier, wholesome foods and there just aren't alot of options we've found for eating out.

We're a little north of Duluth on 'da Range, but if you ever do a Duluth Grill outing we'll be in! Just let Pollywog know and I'm sure she could coordinate!

Good luck and eat healthy!

Lori

You guys should do an "On da' range" group and get together with other Northern locals!! It was fun! I just wish more people had turned out...next month folks! The food was wonderful!
  • Runthismom
    Options
    Anyone willing to organize this months's meet-up?

I am more than happy to if no one has any restaurant ideas!

Let me know!
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hiya Everyone-

Monthly meet-up sounds like a lot of fun. How about an ethnic restaurant? What about a Vietnamese restuarant on Nicollet Avenue?

Any interest?
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    I don't have any place specific in mind. It's so hard to think of individual restaurants that a lot of people would consider healthy, because there are so many differing opinions of what healthy food is. For me, restaurants that focus on veggies and serve lighter fare in general fit the bill, and Vietnamese is definitely included.

I have seen numerous Vietnamese restaurants as I have driven up and down Nicollet. Is there any one in particular we should try?
  • StarryOne
    StarryOne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite on Nicollet is Quang, but I also really like Pho Tau Bay and Jasmine Deli. I even know off hand that Jasmine Deli is closed Mondays, Quang is closed Tuesdays, and Pho Tau Bay is closed Wednesdays- making sure that one can get quality Vietnamese on Nicollet every day of the week!
  • Gulzilly
    Options
    I adore both Quangs and Jasmine Deli.
  • The_Carrie
    The_Carrie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this group! I live in the Roseville/St. Paul area. Would love to get to know more MFP local people.
  • Runthismom
    Options
    Wonderful! I love trying new foods!

Does someone want to be the point person on this?

Thanks!!
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    If I could guarantee some dates that I would definitely be in town, I'd arrange it. But, as usual through the spring and summer, I'll need to keep myself available for travel at a moment's notice. I think the organizer should be someone who knows that they can attend.

At this point, we would probably be looking for the last week of April. How many are available then? To recap, our restaurant list so far, is:

French Meadow, on Lyndale Ave. in S. Mpls.
    Mondoberri, in Mendota Hts.
    Ruby Tuesday
    Birchwood, in Seward, S. Mpls.
    Ecopolitan, on Lyndale Ave., S Mpls.
    Quang, on Nicollet Av., S. Mpls.
    Pho Tau Bay, on Nicollet, S. Mpls.
    Jasmine Deli, on Nicollet, S. Mpls
    (Birdhouse, Not open yet on Hennepin Av., S. Mpls.)

Duluth Grill, for the Up North folks

For the metro area, it looks like South Minneapolis wins. If there's enough interest to put a dinner meetup together, there's a good chance we'll be having an Eat Street or Lake/Lyndale adventure.
  • Gulzilly
    Options
    I am leaving for Egypt as of April 24 and return on May 6..

If everyone can give me a few dates, I can go ahead and plan something for beginning of May. Or for before I leave, no later than 23rd.

Thanks.