What does your gaming store offer?

Options
Hopefully you all know what I mean by 'gaming store'. A place where they sell DnD books, Warhammer minis, Munchkin card games, etc. as well as having space to play these games.
The store I shop and play at (Active Imagination) also has a cafe. cuz gamers get munchies, right?
I played it safe the first time and got a salad which was very good. Yesterday I decided I could try out their hamburger. I was so pleased with what they brought out to me: A hamburger patty on a bun, with lettuce tomato and onion arranged nicely on the side, and little packets of condiments. So, pile on the veggies, leave the condiment packets alone, and it's still delicious.

It's just nice to see them avoiding the bad-for-you stuff when they can. Granted, there's also giant nachos and bacon burgers and fries and everything, but the healthy choice is not just salad all the time. I like being able to eat a burger just like my friends... 'course my burger's smaller than theirs, but it's still not a salad.

Replies

• kasarin
    Options
    So jealous. My gaming shop has a great variety of games and comics and is well lit with a great bathroom. No healthy foods though. Basic vending machine and "gamer grub" (ramana(sp) poky and the like)
  • AmandaDaley
    AmandaDaley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    aah! poky :) I luv that stuff. just have to remember not to scarf down several boxes at once.
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My gaming store is an hour away. Beyond the assorted books, comics, figures, dice, and other accoutrements for gaming, they have tables set up for weekly gaming sessions.

I wish we had one closer to home.
  • EgoAnt
    EgoAnt Posts: 5
    Options
    I have a couple different places that I stumble into now and again. We have some really good ones here in Edmonton, Warp 1 is the old standby, they usually have everything.
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Our gaming store sells Magic, the most recent DnD books, warhammer and reaper minis, novels, manga, comics, anime. Pretty much anything under the sun. Love it and it's a local owned store so I feel pretty good about supporting them!