Voice Acting

Options
adamtall
adamtall Posts: 275 Member
I saw something in a post about good voice acting hard to come by and it got me thinking "what games have good voice acting in them?"

The only one that I can really think of that had supurb voice acting was the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series (they had some top notch actors doing the voices of Rasiel, The Old God and Kain but I cant remeber who they were maybe when i get home from work ill google it) but other than that most of the Voice acting has been disapointing or just ok in my eyes

Oh The Old Republic has some very good voice acting in the story mode but that could have the new game shine on it still for me

Any that really stick out in your mind?

Replies

• Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Metal Gear Solid series has good voice acting. Heavenly Sword for PS3 has goodvoice acting, the dude who voiced Gollum is the main villian in the game and he was fantastic.

The Uncharted series has amazing voice work.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Ghostbusters (for pc). Also arkham asylum. Fantastic voice work there
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I love the voice acting for Dragon Age, especially Alistair, Morrigan, and Flemeth. Fallout, too. Particularly Dad, Veronica, Arcade, Yes-Man, Benny and Caesar.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Metal Gear Solid and the Dragon Age series are my top faves for voice acting. The companion banter in Dragon Age (both games) still makes me laugh.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    All these replies and not one mention of LA Noire?

Also the Akrham City/Asylum games have AMAING voice work and writing!

Mass Effect has really strong voice acting

It's becoming increasingly common, it's now more the case of 'if it's not sega or capcom the voice acting will be decent' :)

Also the Oddworld series & Psyconaughts has great comical voice acting.... so did Brutal Legend
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I can not stand ANY of the voice acting in Final Fantasy recently, I just heard the Moogles voice in ff13-2...omg why :( If they had an option of Japanese with subtitles...
    The voices in Skyrim and Mass effect are pretty good.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I can not stand ANY of the voice acting in Final Fantasy recently, I just heard the Moogles voice in ff13-2...omg why :( If they had an option of Japanese with subtitles...

Everytime I see a Final Fantasy trailer I cry

I refuse to play any of the current gen Final Fantasy games, they've fallen from grace so bad the last 7 years or so
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Everytime I see a Final Fantasy trailer I cry

I refuse to play any of the current gen Final Fantasy games, they've fallen from grace so bad the last 7 years or so

They really have but I'm willing to try 13-2 for the fact that the first half an hour of gameplay isn't all green..
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    metal gear solid, mass effect, kingdom hearts.

to me those series all have good voice acting in them.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Only thing that comes to mind here is Mass Effect

Oh and if I remember correctly, I sorta liked the dialogue and voice acting from Hard Rain.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Metal Gear Solid, Heavy Rain, SWTOR are probably my top three...never played Mass Effect though :/
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Heavy Rain, Dreamfall, Portal series.
    Based on my experience & discussions with former FF fans over the years, I'm pretty sure that a person's age directly correlates to the Final Fantasy game that they name as the last "good" one, haha. Someone should do a study. :smile: