Introductions

Options
Vanilladays
Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
Hello all,
I joined Curves at the end of 2011 and have been amazed at the difference it has made for me. I would love to see my 'curves' family grow. I have found it to be such a supportive and motivating experience.
I have been using MFP for a short while too which I find really helps me stay on track. I know Curves has just launched their new 'all in one' program where you can track your progress on line but for now I will stick with this.
I'd like to hear from you out there.
Jenni

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello, and Thank You for inviting me to your Curves Group! I am looking forward to hearing all about Australia, and learning about the Similaritys and Differences in our Clubs.
    I have been a member of the Curves in Yukon Oklahoma since 2009. I was hired a little over a year and a half ago to work Part-Time.

Jeannie
  • queenie09
    queenie09 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi I joined curves at the end of 2010. I love it!! I had not exercised before, I didn't like to go to the gym...weird to say I know, but I was fat and didn't feel comfortable in a 'normal' gym...lol. But, I walked into curves one day and that was it. between 2010 and 2011 I lost 34kgs. I gave up curves in July 2011 and during the next 5 months I gained back 17 kgs. :(

I am happy to say I went back to curves in Jan 2012 and I have lost 10 kgs of that weight. I do curves 5 days a week for an hour and walk home 30 mins. I walk on the treadmill, stationary bike and lift weights ( 3 days a week for 90 mins). I have two days off :)

Although I get tired I do feel as though I have more energy and less stiff joints. I love feeling thinner.

I don't eat back my exercise calories but on the days I do so much exercise I eat between 1500/1600 calories, non exercise days 1200/1300.

I also read the message boards but I haven't really communicated much on here. I love the site though...its very inspiring!

Pauline
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome, Pauline!! So glad that you found our Group and that you are back at Curves. Congratulations on your Loss so far!!
  • queenie09
    queenie09 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you... and thank you for the welcome.
    I see how much weight you have lost. Thats is a fantastic effect. CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!! I bet you feel great..

cheers
    Pauline
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thank you... and thank you for the welcome.
    I see how much weight you have lost. Thats is a fantastic effect. CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!! I bet you feel great..

cheers
    Pauline

I do feel great :happy: and thank you. Look forward to getting to know you so to speak. It's nice to have someone else that knows how GOOD Curves is. I have the BEST group of MFP friends so feel free to join us :wink: :smile:

Jenni
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :frown: My Curves will almost certainly be Closing at the end of December. The Owner has Zero interest in it, and with the changes coming down from the Company she doesn't want to deal with it any more.
    I did find a Curves about 25 miles from here but not sure if it would be worth the expense of driving there, plus the Membership. Right now my Membership is free since I am an employee.
  • Emma_V
    Emma_V Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my mum and I joined Curves today - we did our first workout and it was surprisingly hard! Hoping for success! Add me as a friend if you like too.