Welcome everybody

Options
YassSpartan
YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
So I wanted to welcome and thank everyone who has been joining this group. If you read the description and the rules, the idea behind this group is to come up with ideas to get together as many people as possible to go out, enjoy our almost all year long summer, have some fun while burning some calories while doing any activities. It can be workouts, hiking, exploring around, biking, anything. It doesn't matter what age, gender or how in shape you are, it is a matter of motivating each other and promoting a healthy lifestyle within our group and to others.

Once thank you for joining :smile:

Replies

• Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    How about we set up a date and do a walk/run on the beach? It's easier on the joints and it's actually hard work! We can do it early in the morning one weekend and that way we avoid the ridiculous heat and humidity that there is by 11am! I'd do it. I can't assure you I won't be out of breathe or struggling but I'll try it! Just a thought.
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    I love the idea. Although I can't really run until I work on my IT bands, I'm definitely up for a fast pace walk on the beach. We can even plan the distance to walk (thank you google map for that lol) so we know from what point to what point to do it.
  • BigPapaGato
    BigPapaGato Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea, I'm in. Also team sports is always a great fun way to exercise while having fun. Sports like volleyball, kickball, ultimate frisbee and even basketball are ones in which most can participate and not a lot of equipment is needed. I'm excited about this group. Perhaps a post on the main forum could be made so that others can see this group.
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Hey BPG, welcome to the group. I actually posted on the forum trying to get people to create groups in different cities and keep this idea growing, but sometimes I wonder how motivated people are around this website. They rather argue about ninja calories that cause chaos in our bodies, and voodoo tricks that make you thin, than taking advantage of this kind of ideas.

Anyways, it is great to have you here. I'm trying to get friends that are not part of MFP to sign up and join this group just so we can get more people aboard :)
  • BigPapaGato
    Options
    I agree, this site needs the ability to invite people to join your groups as well as the ability to receive notifications when someone posts in your thread
  • BigPapaGato
    Options
    Not much activity here.... Perhaps a private facebook group?
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    yeah, are we planning the first official meet up or waiting for more member to join or what. I'm ready to jog/fast walk on the beach, or bike somewhere, or play ultimate frisbee or something!

Let's get the ball rolling!
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    How about February 26th or March 4th? I'm thinking we can gather at the beach or a park. I can prepare a 10 to 15 minutes workout, just to see how everyone is doing it, and then go for a long walk. If anyone else has any ideas, please share :)
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    And by the way, the only reason I can't run/jog yet is because of my IT band syndrome. I have to start working on it.
  • BexRex0
    Options
    I'm in. I think this is such a great idea. Do we have an official date and time? :) oh and yass great way to release pain for your lliotibial syn. Is using the foam roller, also the IT band compression wrap physicians have used this method in relieve stress and pain on site. :)
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Bex, thanks for joining :smile:

I was thinking every first or last Sunday of the month if everyone is ok with it? That way we can even add it to our calendars (phones, tablets, computers) and set it to repeat on the day we decide, that way we won't have to be guessing which day will be next month. Time, I would say sometime before noon. If we are planning on working out outdoors, I don't want anyone to pass out from heat exhaustion :laugh:

And you're totally right. I actually got the foam roller and I'll be working on it (painful but it is what it is). I'm also planning on getting in touch with any of my massage therapists friends to get them to work on my IT. Or maybe if I get to start teaching I'll get any of my students to work on me lol.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Yay! March 4th (: Hope its a nice day! Definitely before noon..for me the earlier the better. Lmk!!
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll be sending messages to all the members asking them to participate so we can plan the first gathering :)
  • JuleszFit
    Options
    If you guys ever want to have a boot camp workout one day let me know; I conduct them all the time as a personal trainer.
    I would do it free of course for this group :) I also do low impact workouts but they make you sweat :)
  • BigPapaGato
    Options
    If you guys ever want to have a boot camp workout one day let me know; I conduct them all the time as a personal trainer.
    I would do it free of course for this group :) I also do low impact workouts but they make you sweat :)

Awesome idea!
  • anunnak1
    Options
    What happened? I'm looking for good groups and I see this one.. and looks like no one has done anything in like 7 months?