Getting out of bed...

Options
Justine13
Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
Hi Mommies,
I don't know what it is but the last month almost i have not been able to get up in the morning to do my workouts.
It's not the fact that i don't want to work out, it's that i am not sleeping well.
It's driving me crazy because i hit the snooze 3 times then i'm rushing around to get things ready for work/school for my son.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a better nights sleep?
Thanks
Justine :0)

Replies

• nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean I have the same problem, my brain tells me I need to get moving up my body just isn't ready.
    Since you aren't working out in the AM, are your working out in the evening. Maybe you are still too amped up following a workout your body isn't falling into a deep sleep soon enough.
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi! Too many times when my alarm goes off, I didn't get up. It took about a month of doing it everyday...even on weekends to be really ready to get up.

If I don't get up and get started at around 5am (I get up at 5 and have coffee first...wake up for about 30 minutes), it doesn't get done. Every now and then, I turn it off and don't get up but I am ALWAYS sorry! I am NEVER sorry when I get up and do it!

Just decided to do it and when your alarm goes off remind yourself that you won't be sorry afterwards!
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ah - the tug of war btw knowing what I want to do and what I actually DO! :) It's a never ending fight, I'm sure, until we die. I agree with mommynmotion - it's takes time to build habit and then as best as I can, I try to never break the habit because I've discovered that it takes 30 days or 60 days to build a good habit but only one or two to de-rail it.

I also have found the longer that I have been exercising, the more energy I have and I'm not tired in the mornings .... hopefully soon you too will feel the same. :) Good luck!
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    PS - the other side of this coin :) - is that it's winter and the sun is dull and life is like hubernating .... this may be playing into your slowness of leaving that warm and cozy bed - know that spring is coming!
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank You for all of the advice.
    I will try to get myself out of bed. maybe ill set my alarm up on the other side of the room so 'll have to get out of bed.
    It is winter and it is really cold in the mornings here..
    I just have to dedicate myself!
    :0)
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    So I found the best trick. I set my cell phone alarm - which starts quiet and gets louder - if you don't snooze it or dismiss. I put it at the bottom of my stairs and set it for about 5 minutes after my bedroom alarm. If I don't get up, it will go off and wake the whole house. When I don't get out of bed on time I have to jump out of bed so it doesn't wake up the kids. Good way to get the blood flowing in the AM but I haven't missed a 4am workout since.:smile:
  • MommieD
    MommieD Posts: 14
    Options
    I've been having the same problem. I haven't been sleeping too well. I started talking nice warm baths before getting in the bed. I figured it works for the kids, so why not give it a try. It has been a big help.

I also lowered the temp in my room. I feel chilly when I first lay down but get over it quickly. I sleep better and longer when it's cooler. Hope this helps!