am soo fed up wit the game *venting*

Options
CouchSpud
CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
*Vent on* Long story cut short. I was about to give up and buy a famr where I could live with my 7 dogs and 20 cats (who will keep me company and can eat me when I die). And then there's suddenly this bloke, who's all I look for in a man. Yeah baby - or at least it looked like it. All asking for meeting and now... silence...

I think I am off the waggon, I find myself a donator and raise my children on my own. Am I just expecting too much? What happened to men?
I do not want some guy who spends more time in the bathroom than I do. I do not want a guy who tells me all about how he likes when women are independent and then can't cope with the fact that an independent woman won't be sitting at home playing wifey. I want a man who earns his own money, runs his own life, who goes out with his friends and lets me go out with mine. Who doesn't go into overdrive and has jealous fits when I spent a week a year with the best mate away. Who understands that yes, women and men can be friends. Someone with manners and intellect. And someone who looks after himself.

For me tthat is just some kind of common sense. But it appears I am somewhere on the outside with that. Lol. I go and look into famrs somewhere out in the open, far away from other human beings now... *vent over*

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    It's hard to find someone who has everything you want. Sometimes it seems easier to just be by yourself and be happy that way.
    I want children too. I sometimes don't think I'll ever meet someone who likes me enough to want to marry me. If I don't meet anyone, and I'm getting to be older, toward the end of my childbearing years, I will definitely look into adoption/sperm donation. I would prefer a husband but I want kids enough to be willing to do it on my own.

I get into super negative moods about this though. The other day I got really depressed and was listening to all these sad songs and stuff. And then the next day I could care less that I'm single. It comes and goes for me, the depression about it.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    lol I don;t know what's the most frustrating... that I actually to an extend enjoy being single, but it would be nice to just have another half to come back to and feel at home with, or maybe that one after the other, my friends are married, having kids etc pp... or in general, that I, even though someone is not like a dream come true give it at least a try to see and if I end up with someone, they always want to bend me one way or another...
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think that even the best of relationships require some bending. In my experience, men are not game for being simply a well placed accessory, they are a long term commitment that changes everything. Perhaps I have given too much of myself, however. The sun and moon and stars revolve around the men I am with and I like being the "little wifey".

I don't think I'd be up for my SO going away for a week with another woman and leaving me at home but I'm terribly old fashioned that way, I guess. I hope you find a man who is all you want him to be. I'd hate to see you eaten by cats!