Fiber?

Options
gemiwing
gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
What do you eat that has tons of fiber? I'm struggling to get it without supplements. Is that the only way? I'm aiming for 25g a day.

So far I've found beans to be good but there's only so many beans I can handle!
I can't eat otameal either so that's out :(

What do YOU eat for fiber?

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    whole grains, quinoa, buckwheat, beans, lentils, peas, veggies, fruits (especially berries), nuts and seeds

I never have trouble getting enough fibre. I usually have 40-60 grams fibre per day.
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I so glad you posted this. I'm having a hard time also. I don't like beans. I'm trying so hard to like them. I'm trying to get in enough berries to help also. But for now, I'm taking a fiber supplement that dissolves in my morning coffee. It seems to be helping. I do hope to some day get enough in with fruits and veggies and nuts.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one!!

Also- I am going to try to add lots of lentils this week- I can sneak those into so many things. Spaghetti sauce comes to mind. Nuts too- I always forget about nuts. Berries I donna like'em lol I might have to just hold my nose and eat them though.

I want to become a Fiber Queen!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. Omega 3s and fiber.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I get 25 grams in my daily diet. I can eat oatmeal, though.

I get it from nuts, beans, fruit, vegetables, and the occasional brown rice. Just look for fruits and vegetables with high fiber to help out the most.