Why would you even want to do 100 consecutive pushups?

Options
bushidowoman
bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
I had a guy ask me that. You know, because I'm a woman...and why on earth would a woman even want to do pushups?

Really it's just a personal goal of mine. Being able to drop down and crank out a bunch of pushups at any given time feels empowering! One hundred is just an impressive number to me.
But my answer for that guy was...there are many practical reasons for women to work on their upper body strength, and pushups is an *excellent* way to build upper body strength. I have lots of small children running around my house, and sometimes I have a squirmy baby in one arm, a toddler in the other, a diaper bag thrown over my shoulder, and a library bag full of books on the other shoulder. Since I've begun doing pushups, I don't get as fatigued as quickly. I can do more. I don't shy away from stuff that I think will take up too much energy or tire me out, because I have more energy and don't get tired out as quickly.

And I love the extra attention from the hubby. He's always asking me to "make a muscle!" and squeezing on my arms and saying "wow, honey!" :-)