Introduce Yourself

Options
kimistry35
kimistry35 Posts: 203 Member
Hello everyone I'm Kimistry ........I'm from the United States (Indianapolis,IN) I am 38 I have 4kids and I'm a nurse......I have been over weight for the last 2years.....I have started and stopped with this weight loss crap an I am now ready to kick this in gear......I started Jan.3,2012 and tipped the scale at 259.9 and lost 22.5 of the unwanted UGLY fat.....So if your anything like me an your ready to drop an free yourself of the fat lets git this thang crankin...........

Replies

• bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Bluberrygoo. I am 23 years old, married with 2 kids. I gained 53 lbs with my first son, L, and was almost to my normal weight when I found out I was pregnant again. I gained the same amount of weight with my second son, B. In Feb. 2011 after B was born I weighed 150 lbs, now basically a year later (B's 1st birthday is in 7 days!!!) I weigh 105 lbs. Before i ever had kids I weighed between 95- 100 lbs. I'm 4'9 with a small frame. I am looking to get down to 95 lbs - 88 lbs (depending on how I look and feel) and become lean. My main focus right now is exercise and keeping myself on a healthy diet that will become habit. Good luck everyone!!

17366719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kimistry35
    Options
    HI! I'm Bluberrygoo. I am 23 years old, married with 2 kids. I gained 53 lbs with my first son, L, and was almost to my normal weight when I found out I was pregnant again. I gained the same amount of weight with my second son, B. In Feb. 2011 after B was born I weighed 150 lbs, now basically a year later (B's 1st birthday is in 7 days!!!) I weigh 105 lbs. Before i ever had kids I weighed between 95- 100 lbs. I'm 4'9 with a small frame. I am looking to get down to 95 lbs - 88 lbs (depending on how I look and feel) and become lean. My main focus right now is exercise and keeping myself on a healthy diet that will become habit. Good luck everyone!!

17366719.png

hello bluberrygoo and welcome
  • kay_bear52
    kay_bear52 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Becky. I'm 40 years old (yuck) and a mom to two (21 and 18) and grandmom to 1 (1 year old).
    I've been over weight since my first child. Several times I have been able to lose it all but sadly it just came back. Over the last few years I have been trying to work in fitness plans. Last year I even hired a personal trainer and never lost a single pound. I tried a weight loss program around here..called Thrive...and lost back to almost 8 lbs from my goal...again only for it to come back. This go around it is even harder to get off. I just need to lose 20 to be happy. It is not near what I should be but I want this as my goal. I walk 3-5 times a week before I go to work (treadmill) and try to eat as healthy as I can. I currently weigh 168 and want to get to at least 145. But I just don't understand why it is so hard to do. I have the gusto...but no results.
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lyn, I'm 30yrs old a mother of 3 (11,7, and 2) I became overweight when I gained 80 pounds with my first born. I have tried almost everything, I have lost weight before but I wasn't mentally ready to lose weight so I have gained it all back and some. My husband passed away Nov 2, 2011 and I instantly lost 30 pounds from not eating. He always tired to help me lose weight but I was to lazy so now I am losing weight to become healthier and to make him proud. I weighed 316 I am now 276 and I would like to get to a healthy 150 I'm 5'5' I work out at least once a day I am trying to get it up to twice a day. So we will see how that works out. Once I lose this weight I just have to stay focused to maintain the weight loss
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'll be 35 next month and I have not been where I've wanted to be in terms of my weight since my early 20's. I have 43 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. I am trying to take it one step at a time. I am newly single, so I need to be satisfied with myself if I'm going to get back into the game;)
  • jamiee_b
    jamiee_b Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well briefly, I am a recent college grad, single, and ready to take hold of my weight! Since I was young, I was always on the "chubby" side. It wasn't until I was in college when I finally noticed my weight to change for the better. But like most women, I tend to eat when I am stressed, so by the time I graduated in December I had gained 20 pounds that entire semester. I was upset at how I looked, by my happiness overshadowed the weight gain. But now that I'm done with school and away from all the distractions, I've taken charge of my health and eating habits. I've been eating healthy and going to the gym for about two months now and I lost those 20 pounds, but would love to lose another 20. I know it takes time, and by no means am I looking for a quick fix. My hope is to lose those 20 by the middle of March just in time for my birthday! So if any of you would like to share weight loss tips that have helped you along the way that would be great! :smile: :smile:
  • nFaith
    nFaith Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yay, for Battle of the Sexes! Thanks Kimistry for starting the group! I've been a member of MFP for one week now and have only maintained my weight. I'm not giving up because I know with the help of MFP friends I can get these 20lb off! I'm fairly active. I've completed 2 half marathons and in a couple weeks I'm taking on the challenge of climbing the John Hancock building (94 flights of stairs) to help fight lung disease! My biggest problem is food! I'm vegetarian (haven’t eaten meat since 2006) but I will eat a ding dong and hoho like they are going out of style! : ) So, no matter how much exercise I do.. It’s the food that’s preventing me from reaching my ideal weight!!!! Please, if we’re not friends yet, let’s become! Because I can use a kind word and a lil encouragement along the way! Hold me accountable! : ) Thanks! In friendship, nFaith!
  • nFaith
    nFaith Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Jamiee on those first 20lb gone! I'm sure it wasn't easy but you've proven you have what it takes to get the weight off!!! So, Here's to the next 20 and your upcoming birthday! Stick to your plan and make it happen! I"m here to help ya! : ) In friendship, nFaith!
  • debikay55
    debikay55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    HERE i am kimistry:happy: excited where we all go and how much we can change out bodys :bigsmile: so are we still on for 10lb down by march for you and i becauce we started a week ago ? Hello im debi 57 and been over weight most of my life up and down .I have a son 37-a daughter 35 -three grandsons 19-18 -9 & a grandaughter due may :heart: i had lost 10 lb before MFP but sence i have lost 19 lbs woo hoo .all thanks to the great peeps i have met on here .SO THAT SAID LETS ALL GET THIS THING GOING :wink: IM READY i have lost 33 all toll have 78 lbs to go then a whole NEW ME wow how awsome .would like to be
    there when you all reach that point also:wink:
  • MsCie
    MsCie Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello I am Cie. I am 25 years old, single, no children, a teacher in Florida. I have always been in a battle with my weight. I gained most of my weight when my best friend was pregnant with her daughter. I always say I was the one who gained the baby weight. Now I am studying to be a minister and I don't want to be fat!! I want to be healthy and able to do all that God has me to do and look good doing it! I eventually want to have two boys. I need to be in shape before that happens. My goal is to be 180lbs by my birthday. I was 217.4 lbs last time I weighed in. I have until July to get this weight off!! I need help! SO!!! Here I am!!

16607815.png
  • kimistry35
    Options
    WELL HELLO EVERYONE AN WELCOME WELCOME