Finding Time

Options
Hi Ladies,

So my big dilemma...finding time to exercise. My kiddo is up between 5 and 530 each morning and i work full-time. He goes to bed by 7 pm so i know my workout window is between 7 and my bedtime (usually 9 or 10 as he still gets up once/twice a night). Do any of you have any tricks? Once the weather warms up i will be able to take him for a walk after work, but these cold months throw a monkey wrench into that :).

Hope you all have a good day!

Replies

• Jamie320
    Options
    Its all about scheduling and trying to be creative. When I get home from work at 6pm, its "daddy time" for 45 minutes. This usually only happens 2 days a week and then one day on the weekends in the AM. He knows, I know, and there's no quarrels about it. If that isn't an option I resort to putting the baby in her jumper in the living room and doing On Demand workouts next to her. She loves to laugh at me jumping up and down etc, so we're both entertained (even if the laughing is a little discouraging haha). Lastly, find a way to incorporate your baby into your workouts. Doing lifts, lunges, squats, and crunches with him is sure to make you feel the burn and keep him entertained.
  • KXB11
    KXB11 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in the same dilemma! Thank you for sharing how you make it work Jamie320. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a solid plan with my husband.
  • Lorily96
    Options
    I'm right with Jaime. This is exactly how I am having to handle my time now. With a new job and longer commute plus many demands with all the kiddos, my hubby and I know I will do a major workout on Monday and Wednesday evening when I get home then something on Saturday. Any other time, is fit in as I can when the babies "allow" Mommy to do something. If nothing buy 20-30 min of whatever cardio I can do, I do it.

We also can bike ride as a family, which is more fun (and an added bonus) than anything else. I think it just takes scheduling and getting in what you can when you can.
  • NicNab
    NicNab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am not sure that I will ever get used to this 5 am wake up! But it sure makes it worth it when I see him smile!