Valentines

Options
CallmeSbo
CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
Do you still get excited by this day? Who is your valentine?

Replies

• ragekage21
    ragekage21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My wifey :) And yes, I love V-Day. I know it's fabricated by greeting card companies and blah, blah, blah...but isn't every holiday kind of "made up"? And why NOT have one day JUST for love?

Maybe I'd be singing a different tune if I wasn't in love, but there's nothing like beautiful flowers and a little reminder of "I love you" to brighten a gal's day!
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    Ahh thats sweet. She is one lucky lady. I am currently single and indifferent about it. Im happy for the couples inlove.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love all holidays and I buy a little something for everyone I can think of (my mom, my little brother, my godson, treats for my coworkers, etc. etc. ) :heart:
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Haha - i used to love the day after - because all the sugary goodness would be at least 50% off. I won't be partaking in any of that this year!
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    Yes, I love all holidays and I buy a little something for everyone I can think of (my mom, my little brother, my godson, treats for my coworkers, etc. etc. ) :heart:
    wow, thats very sweet of you.
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    Haha - i used to love the day after - because all the sugary goodness would be at least 50% off. I won't be partaking in any of that this year!
    ha ha ha. Will be watching the excitement from a distance too.
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Haven't really been excited about a Valentines day in a while..but now that i'm with my girl i just want to be with her.. i already ordered a surprise Edible Arrangements bouquet to be delivered to her job tomorrow.. :)...
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Haven't really been excited about a Valentines day in a while..but now that i'm with my girl i just want to be with her.. i already ordered a surprise Edible Arrangements bouquet to be delivered to her job tomorrow.. :)...

Those things are expensive! I should start a company doing that **** for like half the price... i would make a killing! lol.
  • diddypants
    Options
    Not especially, but I celebrate and do stuff for my wife. I got her a rad necklace that she saw and really liked so pretty stoked about seeing her reaction to that. I kidna loathe going out and trying to battle the crowds as far as dinner and so forth so the plan is to cook her dinner and stay in. :heart: :smooched: :drinker:
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    wow, thats nice. she is one lucky lady.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha. Will be watching the excitement from a distance too.

OMG yes and also after EASTER! Last easter I bought like 9 packages of cadbury eggs. :love:

I was given some chocolate covered strawberries yesterday, which was lovely and terrible for my calories.

But honestly I used to like it better when I was single - maybe just because I had more free time. I loved all the red and pink and hearts and chocolate everywhere - I still like that stuff but now it just reminds me that theoretically I'm supposed to DO something about it.
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    Not especially, but I celebrate and do stuff for my wife. I got her a rad necklace that she saw and really liked so pretty stoked about seeing her reaction to that. I kidna loathe going out and trying to battle the crowds as far as dinner and so forth so the plan is to cook her dinner and stay in. :heart: :smooched: :drinker:
    i like that. If i was in a relationship, that would be ideal for me. Stay in and cook :-)
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think having a day where romance is expected is particularly romantic. To be frank, Valentine's Day just makes me tired when I think about it, but I grin from ear to ear when I remember my second date with my husband when he brought me an unexpected gift he made himself.

We really enjoy going out, but you couldn't pay me enough to go out on V-Day. I'd rather have a quiet conversation without having to wait or make reservations.
  • diddypants
    Options
    Ha yeah...now the hard part is determining what to cook. :happy:
  • narrington77
    Options
    wow, thats nice. she is one lucky lady.

i'm the lucky one :)
  • narrington77
    Options

Those things are expensive! I should start a company doing that **** for like half the price... i would make a killing! lol.

It wasn't too bad..lol.. and i googled promo codes and got $5 off.. lol... :)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    We really enjoy going out, but you couldn't pay me enough to go out on V-Day. I'd rather have a quiet conversation without having to wait or make reservations.

We're going out the night after. Our restaurant of choice is a cozy French place that was booked solid a month ago... but we should have the place to ourselves on Wednesday. :)
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think having a day where romance is expected is particularly romantic. To be frank, Valentine's Day just makes me tired when I think about it, but I grin from ear to ear when I remember my second date with my husband when he brought me an unexpected gift he made himself.

i agree
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    Ha yeah...now the hard part is determining what to cook. :happy:
    i bet it is. Dont forget to load everything you ve eaten on mfp.Lol.
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for Valentines day, but it means a lot to my sweetheart so I do my best for her. We are all loved up & happy & we celebrate our love every day, that is far more important to me than cards & flowers etc.

My valentine is TinyTee106 <3