Season 2 - Episode 9 - "Triggerfinger" (02/19/12)

Options
2»

Replies

• WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I read that Jon Bernthal is in talks to star in a new AMC show so they may be writing the show to take it to a stand off between Rick and Shane.

The show has veered so far from the comic this season that I'm not sure what to expect. Sophia is dead, Shane is alive and they haven't even introduced Tyreese or Wilshire Estates.

I was so hoping Lori would get eaten. That would have brought a whole new tension to the Rick/Shane issue. Besides, what does Lori really add to the story?!
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I read that Jon Bernthal is in talks to star in a new AMC show so they may be writing the show to take it to a stand off between Rick and Shane.

The show has veered so far from the comic this season that I'm not sure what to expect. Sophia is dead, Shane is alive and they haven't even introduced Tyreese or Wilshire Estates.

I was so hoping Lori would get eaten. That would have brought a whole new tension to the Rick/Shane issue. Besides, what does Lori really add to the story?!

I have been thinking for a while that we won't see Tyrese. The role of badass zombie killer is kind of filled by Shane and Darryl. While Tyrese was one of my favorites, I just don't see room for him. I do believe the Michonne is coming soon, though.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I found myself yelling at Lori in the car. "Didn't you have a gun? Stupid woman!" LOL

Hershel finally gets it! (can't you hear the choir singing)

Poor Glen is so confused. He is at a crossroads now and seeing what it's like to have someone counting on you.

You really have to take a step back with Shane. Can you imagine his position? He had good reason to think that Rick was dead and then gets involved with Lori and falls in love with her only for Rick to miraculously show back up. It would be very hard to just jump back and act like your feelings aren't there. AND THEN find out she is pregnant and there is a good chance the baby could be his. Only to be told that even if it is his that he can't be there for it. That would be hard on anyone with half a heart. Lori is being cruel to him to try and get him to back off and I kind of get it but she is playing dirty pool now twisting it around in Rick's mind.

i agree! I hate Lori!
  • SinIsIn
    Options
    I don't see how a lot of people are hating on Shane...? The name of the game is survival! So far he's done a lot for the group, they need him. There needs to be someone that is ruthless and willing to protect what is "his".. and that's the group. Yeah he's in love with Lori, but I don't see him as being obsessed with her. I see it as him having feelings for her... and being hurt that she's now treating him like **** because her husband is back. I hate how rick hasn't even address the fact that they slept together...I mean really? He's just going to be "ok" with it and not even ***** Lori out about it?

I also don't get why they brought back that kid from town.. to fix him up and just leave him to the walkers anyway...? That's just stupid. they should have left him there.. or at least shot him in the head so he doesn't get eaten alive. Now they want to release him out there with only 1 leg to get around? That's just cruel.

What is Dale's purpose?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Is it bad that I secretly wished that Lori's baby died in the accident? :embarassed:

Yeah, but I wished for the same thing.. .terrible, I know, but seriously, what a ridiculous thing for her to be pregnant... gah!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't see how a lot of people are hating on Shane...? The name of the game is survival! So far he's done a lot for the group, they need him. There needs to be someone that is ruthless and willing to protect what is "his".. and that's the group. Yeah he's in love with Lori, but I don't see him as being obsessed with her. I see it as him having feelings for her... and being hurt that she's now treating him like **** because her husband is back. I hate how rick hasn't even address the fact that they slept together...I mean really? He's just going to be "ok" with it and not even ***** Lori out about it?

I also don't get why they brought back that kid from town.. to fix him up and just leave him to the walkers anyway...? That's just stupid. they should have left him there.. or at least shot him in the head so he doesn't get eaten alive. Now they want to release him out there with only 1 leg to get around? That's just cruel.

What is Dale's purpose?

What has Shane done for the GROUP? He would have left half of them behind in Atlanta, he's threatened Dale, he could care less about Hershel and his group of people, he was willing to leave Sophia behind... He only cares about himself, Lori, and Carl. If they are supposed to work as a group, he's a miserable failure.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Dale is the voice of reason.....
  • SinIsIn
    Options

What is Dale's purpose?

What has Shane done for the GROUP? He would have left half of them behind in Atlanta, he's threatened Dale, he could care less about Hershel and his group of people, he was willing to leave Sophia behind... He only cares about himself, Lori, and Carl. If they are supposed to work as a group, he's a miserable failure.

I just think he's the ONLY one that is seeing things how they really are. He has seen that Ricks soft-heartedness has gotten a lot of their group killed. Rick's rescue attempts have put them in danger. He would have left them.. but the fact is that he didn't...and he hasn't.
    He cares about the only family he has left, which is Rick and his family. I mean they were best friends. He's saved Rick's family time and time again.. He helped them all learn how to shoot, he wants them all armed to protect themselves....
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    here are my two predictions, well the first is just wishful thinking..

#1. I think Shane is going to try to kill Rick, but Lori jumps in the way and Shane ends up killing Lori.. That would be aweseom!

#2. I think in the other group of living, they are going to find Daryls brother in that group.