Looking for motivation

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Grace, I had my baby boy three weeks ago, but he was still born. I gained a lot of weight with him, over 50 lbs and was at 194 the day before he was born. I am now at 161 and want to get down to at least 145. I have not been cleared to work out, but that isn't the problem for me. My isssue is eating. I have a very hard time eating healthy, I often skip meals and only eat one meal a day, then eat WAY to much... I eat a lot of fruits and veggies already, but I do not eat a lot of protein and I am Horrible about drinking water and soda is my addiction.....
I want to really get my eating habits under control for the next three weeks and then hopefully when I am cleared to start working out I won't have to struggle so much with my eating habits, knowing that that is destroying any progress I am making with my workouts.
Any tips, suggestions,recommenations... Whatever are highly welcome:smile:

Replies

• ifyanna
    ifyanna Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi. Very sorry to hear about your baby. Hope you are coping well.
    I can relate with you on the eating habits. It's all about self control which is so so hard but once you master it, then great. Please make sure you have a good filling breakfast and then a lighter lunch and dinner should be the lightest as metabolism slows down in the evening. Try NOT to eat anything after 7-8 pm. I also encourage you to have sugarless, milk free green tea 4-5 times a day as it helps with metabolism. Please don't start working out too soon. Wait for 6-8 weeks but you can always go for walks. Low impact exercises are the best for the first few months. Try yoga. And I am a vegetarian and I don't have too many protien options so I have lot's of protien shakes. Hope this helped ! Feel free to add me.
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    First, let me just say how very sorry that I am for your loss. My granddaughter was only alive a few minutes after her birth and I know how devistating it can be. My heart goes out to you.

As for getting your eating habits under control-
    I am new to MFP but was a member on another site for about 2 mos before joining here and I think that the number one thing that has helped me is to be religious about logging my food. If I can see how much I have already consumed it really helps me to stay on track. Also, over the next few weeks you will probably continue to lose weight well once you shed your lining (finish bleeding) and your milk dries up completely. Once your hormones get back on track you will find it much easier to stay on track as well.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend and if you ever need anyone to talk to about your loss I am here.

Krista
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I had a baby a couple months ago and gained 48 pounds. I have lost 42 pounds but even when I do lose the remaining 6 pounds I am still going to need to tone because I can tell I am not going to be able to fit into my jeans the way I want. I have been walking which is about as low impact as you can get. I just started taking Zumba aerobic class on Saturday mornings but that is mainly for fun and I am dealing with PPD and doing activities with music has really helped my mood and made me feel better plus helped me lose weight.

Dealing with PPD I too was skipping meals. I am just now starting to eat lunch and dinner, I am still not much of a breakfast eater. You might have to try to force yourself to eat one meal so you don't over eat. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would be happy to help in any way I can.