Share your favorite Low Calorie/Low Fat Recipies

Options
JayTee146
JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
I would consider myself a junk food junkie! :heart: So I'm always looking for ways to lighten up recipies that I may have a craving for! Share yours :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rrmz
    rrmz Posts: 7
    Options
    This website has helped me a ton. Is all healthy and most important for me, kid friendly. Being a single mom I don't have time to make something totally diffrent for my munshkin and then me. There's great alternatives for the classics like Mac and Cheese and a kick butt Turkey Chili wich I'm making tonight. Check it out. weelicious.com
  • JayTee146
    Options
    thanks rrmz! awesome website! :bigsmile:
  • rrmz
    rrmz Posts: 7
    Options
    Your welcome! I think I made one of their recipies at least twice a week.
  • JayTee146
    Options
    eee0d23b2100.jpg
    Diet Soda Cupcakes (42 calories each) I took them to the Valentine's Day Lucheon

I make them almost every friday! lol they are inexpensive to make and taste so great with cool whip or by themselves! plus it beats buying weight watchers 100 calorie cakes HA HA!
    754744a09dc8.jpg

I used 14 ounces of Diet Sprite
    and One box Cake Mix
    Butter spray to lightly coat the muffin paper

Mix everything together.
    lightly spray the muffin paper (if you use to much you may get a bitter taste in your mouth when you eat your cupcakes)
    spoon your mixture in :bigsmile:

I normally bake on 300 or 325 for about 15 minutes

I test it by placing a toothpick or knife in one of my cupcakes. If it comes out clean then I know they're done.

you can make as many or as little as you want.. and if you don't want 48 cupcakes around then make a few and put the rest in the fridge for a few days. Sometimes I make 24 which are around 90 calories
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Homemade Chicken Strips Using Tyson Chicken Breast
    2 Tyson Tenderloins (Chicken Breast)
    1/8 cup of bread crumps
    2 Tbs of Grated Cheese
    1 Tbs of Flour
    1 Egg White
    1 Tbs Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)

Mix your Bread Crumbs, Grated cheese, and flour in a ziplock bag and shake (Place to the side)
    Seperate your egg white from the yolk discard the yolk and place the egg white in a dish. (Place to the side)
    pat your chicken dry and cut your chicken into strips however thin or thick you'd like.
    season with salt and pepper
    dip the chicken into your egg white
    place a few at a time in to your ziplock bag (to ensure everything is evenly coated)
    shake shake shake
    place on a cooking sheet that has holes (it allows all sides to become crunchy! If you don't have one just flip your chicken every 10 minutes or so.)
    bake for about 30 minutes on 325

Enjoy!
    Photo1366-1.jpg

Photo1368-1-1.jpg

It's 173 per serving (which is one chicken breast)! they are so delicious and light that I have two servings with either baked fries (LOVE POTATOES) or a side salad.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I'm on a hi protein, low carb, low sugar and low sodium diet for heavy workouts. I cook grilled chicken or fish, me and George Foreman are best friends. I do turkey chili, turkey meatloaf and I substitute turkey in my mexican dishes.
  • alexiaschulz
    alexiaschulz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    New discovery as of yesterday morning: I have a VERY picky eater. My mom gave us a mini-muffin tin for christmas which has been sitting around for months. I was using up some leftover pancake batter (bisquick) and just added a couple tbsp of Hot Cocoa powder to the batter, and a little baking powder too. Put it in the muffin tin and baked at 350 for about 12 minutes, and got these super moist little "cupcakes" that have WAY less sugar than cake batter, that my little one would eat and not terrible for me either (basically just pancakes, highish glycemic index but not too sugary). I'm planning to try fruit preserves and/or fruit yoghurt, as well as pumpkin butter as alternative sweeteners.
  • JayTee146
    Options
    that sounds wonderful! I'm going to have to try that this weekend! let me know how the fruit preserves come out!
  • lisaontiveros13
    lisaontiveros13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My three children and I have rediscovered JELLO! Inexpensive, easy & fun. I make regular for the kids (they're all under weight) and sugar free for myself. They especially love it when I use separate fancy little dishes. Add a little fat free cool whip and all are happy.

Sugar free angel food cake is wonderful with the following topping: Mix 1 container fat free cool whip, 1 package sugar free orange jello and 1 can mandarin oranges, drained. Mix gently until jello mix has been absorbed. Delicious!

Finally, want a faux ice cream sandwich? Spread fat free cool whip between two chocolate graham crackers. Freeze and enjoy.

Starting to sound like a cool whip commercial, so I'll stop here.
  • lisaontiveros13
    lisaontiveros13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe for something salty...Chicken Nachos

Ingredients: 1 small can chicken breast in water/natural juices, taco seasoning, shredded mozzarella cheese, multigrain Tostitos Scoops, salsa.

Drain most of the liquid from the chicken. Cook chicken and as much taco seasoning as you like until warm. For me, one packet usually makes this recipe 3-4 times.

Place 22 Tostitos Scoops on a baking stone or cookie sheet. Fill with chicken and sprinkle lightly with cheese. Bake at 350 for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.

Serve with salsa.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you could do chocolate graham crackers, cool whip and peanut butter, then freeze it? Can you freeze peanut butter like that?

The Peanut Butter Freak...ha ha ha
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Here's a recipe for something salty...Chicken Nachos

Ingredients: 1 small can chicken breast in water/natural juices, taco seasoning, shredded mozzarella cheese, multigrain Tostitos Scoops, salsa.

Drain most of the liquid from the chicken. Cook chicken and as much taco seasoning as you like until warm. For me, one packet usually makes this recipe 3-4 times.

Place 22 Tostitos Scoops on a baking stone or cookie sheet. Fill with chicken and sprinkle lightly with cheese. Bake at 350 for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.

I'm going to have to try this! sounds YUMMY!!! I pretty much think anything with cheese is worth a try! :blushing:
    Serve with salsa.
  • fairyelle7
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am attempting to eat a whole foods diet with plenty of nuts, vegetables, fruits and whole grains. My budget is tight as a single mom, but here is one of my favorite recipes for an evening when I've had a long day at work and would like to just order a friggin pizza (the old me) and plop my bootie in front of the TV.

One can of black beans
    6 corn tortillas
    1 avocado
    taco seasoning
    plain greek yogurt or low fat sour cream
    salsa
    lettuce and onions if you like...

Here's the key: open the black beans, put in microwave or pan on stove. add salt pepper and taco seasoning
    warm corn tortillas on skillet; chop all the other ingredients to garnish as if you were making a taco or burrito.
    my picky kids like this and its faster and cheaper than stopping at taco bell.

this seriously takes all of 5 miinutes to make. I have to double the recipe for my family as there are five of us. If anyone is interested in how to feed a moderately sized family (i have 4 kids) and eat healthy let me know. I have a ton of recipes and shopping tricks. :)
  • mysugarbearrocks
    mysugarbearrocks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I made a Hashbrown crusted Quiche for my family and it was a big hit I made mine in individual pans and only put in what each person liked. :happy:

Hashbrown crusted Quiche
    Ingredients
    Ore Ida - Extra Crispy Tator Tots or frozen hash browns (Used for crust on son's quiche)
    Eggs - 5 Egg White's, 4 whole eggs
    Shredded 4 Cheese aprox 1 cup
    Tomatoes, Green Pepper, Green Onions or onion, Turkey Bacon and or Diced Ham
    1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of milk, salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash to taste
    spray cooking dish with vegtable spray wipe away execess with paper towle,
    thaw hashbrowns press between paper towels to remove execess water
    mix green onions and tator tots/hashbrowns. press into bottom of pan cooking in, cook for 20 minutes on 350.
    Mix eggs, water, milk, spices together in bowl till smooth looking.
    layer meat, veggies, cheese in dish, then pour in egg mixure. cook for 15 minutes. let sit for 5 minutes. run knife around edge of pan before cooling.
    can make in large dish, cupcake tin, individual quiche pans.
    makes 5-6 servings
  • daisy51981
    daisy51981 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JayTee146
    Options
    that sounds delicious! I'm gonna have to add that mysugarbearro
  • KimiC520
    KimiC520 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/skinny-tuna-noodle-casserole.html

Feel free to switch around the veggies. I was surprised by how good and filling this was.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love coconut chicken but using cocnut flour and unsweetend coconut with a peach chutney, you can bake or fry the chicken, it's amazing!
  • kaylaodoms
    kaylaodoms Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite low calorie snack is low fat cottage cheese with peaches in it yum!