Which is harder???

Options
2»

Replies

• Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Definitely working out is harder for me. I work 13 hour shifts, and sometimes have to drive an hour or more to get to my patient's home. The last thing I want to do is exercise! Snacks aren't usually a problem as I pack my own lunch and take it with me. Even when families try to be nice and get me to eat something I don't have a problem politely saying "no thanks." If they insist I'll take it and tell them I'll eat it later and then put it away in my bag to get rid of when I get home.
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just read all the comments. I'm a retired RN, worked on busy Med/Surg floors. Worked nights, so gained weight, eating late. Boy, I DO NOT miss vending machine foods(?)!

I finally learned to resist the multiple weekly potlucks after going into one of my co-worker's homes and saw that her kitchen was not only messy, it was an environmental hazard. I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that, 'cuz, earlier, 0330 or so, I had eaten some of the food she brought in.
    And, YES, Not all PPL WASH THEIR HANDS!! Don't eat from the "Community table!"

And, Nurses, rink the water, and find time to pee. OK, I know it's hard, but you gotta watch for those UTI's and Bladder infections.

Have fun, thanks for reminders of what I am missin'!!
    In HIM, Nicolette