Wii fit Board??? What do i do?

Options
thaiba2000
thaiba2000 Posts: 18 Member
Ive been on this calorie counter for 2 weeks and it blumin excellent! Want to meet some more friends who will keep me motivated and would love to do this whole thing with someone in the same boat as me

Ive only been using this for 2 weeks and ive lost 4lbs so YEH this works!!!

So the reason for my post is My husbandbought me a Wii fit board ages ago and i havent used it once. It came with a simple cd but i dont know if i can just workout with that or doi need an additional work out cd. I remember turning it on once and it just kept telling me to tand on one leg and find my balance etc etc it didnt really feel like a workout!

Help me pweez xxxx

Replies

• joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi ya - Thee cd is the basic one but what it's trying to do is measure you, your weight etc so to start with you have to set up your profile (your mii) and add your DOB, height etc - that way it can log your progress.

Apologies if I've got this wrong as we have WII fit plus, which I highly recommend and it's been 2 years since I first had WII fit so I can't remember excatly.

Once you get past the original set up, you'll then have options for different exercises, and if I remember right, the more you do them, the more levels it opens up - i.e. jogging opens up more routes.

If you do like it, I strongly recommend gettigg wii fit plus as this can give you a more personalised workout and more games like the infamous chicken game - I personally love just dance 3 as well and burn loads just jigging about with the remote.

Good luck and well done at taking the first step at dragging it out.
  • Tudrase
    Options
    Hi :-) I'm on my first full week of MFP and i've been using wii fit. It doesn't burn many calories but is good for getting some basic yoga moves and muscles stretches :-D the boxing is fun too!
  • thaiba2000
    Options
    Jools, I have the wii fit plus and I just did 3 mins of it and burned 12 calories... I'm happy with that lol. The only downside is that I have carpet so I have to do it on that. My weight is a bit wrong on it but I'm sure it's because I'm on carpet. I have a separate weight machine anyway which I measure on hard surface. It was a close weight though, just 3lbs less than my real weight. I'm so excited. Another prob is that the goal they want me to achieve on the wii fit is totally different to MFP, should I be worried or just solely use the wii fit to do workouts and still carry on with the goals set on my MFP because MFP lost me 4lbs in 2 weeks!!!! I love it. Excuse any spelling mistakes as I'm quickly typing on my iPhone lol.
  • thaiba2000
    Options
    Thank u Tudrase xxx
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi ya
    Its totally up to you how to use and I wouldn't want to advise anyone as we're all different, then main thing is that you've started using it - next big thing is - DID you like it??? :)

I use mine just to work out with. My weight is also wrong on it and I use normal bathroom scales to judge my weighs in. At the end of the day its all relative cause whichever you use, you just need to stick with it to get a consistent measure.

To give you an idea of my wii fit experience:
    We brought the board and wii fit about 3 years ago and got all pumped up and started using all the different areas. We managed to unlock quite a few new routes etc cause myself and hubby are quite competitive and we liked the variety.
    Weight loss varied and there would be weeks when it would gather dust. Then about 18 months ago we brought wii fit plus and we get on much better with that (sorry I'm not advertising just sharing my experience).

I like wii fit plus, because you can set a calorie goal to achieve each day, customise your routines and theres other exercises I prefer.
    A lot of it is trial and error until you find exercises you like. i actually prefer my just dance now and tend to do that about 3 times in the working week and over the weekend. however on a Sat/Sun I like to use wii fit as well.
    I get the board out, weigh myself and do the balance tests. I've set up a 30 min routine of yoga, which can be a killer but helps me stay more flexible, I then normally alternate what i do but I quite like cycling and step (including free step to tv programmes), I find hula hoop a killer but its a good way to burn calories, but I don't like the jogging and I'm not too good at the boxing.
    I find its all about balance - just find something you enjoy and don't worry too much about everything else.

I'm now at the point where I've started doing the muscle workouts as I avoided these like the plague before, but have accepted I need to do some strength training.

Hope you find something you enjoy doing, do try to explore all the different types of activities and remember just a few mins a day is better than nothing - it will get easier - i promise. (oh and come back and tell me when you can do the downward facing dog postion in yoga, exactly as the trainer wants you to - to me that means you're super fit as my husband's heels are about 3 inches from the floor!)

Good Luck