adrian_indy
adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
Imperial Faction

Thrawl 50 lvl Jugg Immortal Skill tree, non crafting but gatherer
Weinus 30th level sorceror Lightning Tree, Biochemistry crafter
Valtrocity 32nd lvl operative Medic (I think my favorite character) armortech

Reoublic

Largemarge 38th lvl Commando, Gunnery Tree, armstech
Greekosuave 12th lvl Gunslinger low skilled, no crafting, just gathering.

15th level Legacy.

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    you have played a heck of a lot more than me! I'm trying to get more exercise in, doesn't leave nearly as much time for TOR
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I love my light-sided assassin. There's no reason I can't be chipper and polite while stabbing them through the back with a lightsaber.

He's completely mad, of course.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I love my light-sided assassin. There's no reason I can't be chipper and polite while stabbing them through the back with a lightsaber.

He's completely mad, of course.

Yes, my Imperial Agent is light side, which is really fun. Eventually, I will make a Republic Jedi turn dark.
  • jedibunny
    Options
    Nicca
    Lv 50 Light Side Sith Sorcerer / Healer
    Server: Corellian Run
    Guild: From The Ashes (this may change)
    Legacy Level: ... uhh, up there
    Valor Level: 30ish

I also have about a thousand alts... some on CR, some on other servers, but Nicca is by far my most played.
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was addicted up until a few weeks ago. I enjoyed my story from 1-50, but after being 50 for over a month now, there just isn't anything fun to do. Unfortunately, as I feared might be the case before launch, it seems that the game is mostly just a solid single player / co-op RPG experience from 1-50, and after that, it's just a bare-bones MMO with very poor itemization and content for level 50 players.

I've leveled a few alts into the 20s and 30s and have enjoyed their stories as well, but I don't know if it's worth repeating the massive amounts of quests just to see the 15% new story quests. After I finish leveling my sith character (a little slower this time around :laugh: ) and have experienced both sides of the story, I imagine I won't have much reason to log on for a while.

I tried to keep my blinders on for as long as I could, since I really wanted this game to be the next great thing, but I'm afraid it just doesn't have the magic for me.

BioWare said this game would be like KotOR 3-10 and as irony would have it, they were pretty much dead on (although probably not in the intent of their original statement). Enjoy the class stories for what they are, but don't expect much in terms of innovative MMO gameplay.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I got my copy of the game a week after launch. only character I have is a lvl 17 scoundrel republic side. I average 3-4 hrs a week. Not addicted. I am taking it slow. MMOrpgs addiction was huge factor in getting as heavy as I was in the past
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i am addicted but at the same time im not. I play alot, every night for about 2-3 hours after my son goes to sleep, but I dont get into as much as i did wow for some reason

like others said i love the single player aspect witht he story lines but unlike everyone else i will probally play all 8 of the stories

the big problem im having is im not running like i want to before i play the game but thats not anything to do with the game itself i dont think
  • jedibunny
    Options
    Nicca
    Lv 50 Light Side Sith Sorcerer / Healer
    Server: Corellian Run
    Guild: From The Ashes (this may change)
    Legacy Level: ... uhh, up there
    Valor Level: 30ish

I also have about a thousand alts... some on CR, some on other servers, but Nicca is by far my most played.

My bf and I were part of a guild merge last night and I have to say that being with a bunch of fun people who are also at 50 and ready for bigger things is pretty awesome! We were pretty discouraged for a while; running solo or with a partner from 1--50 is fantastic, but does not a good endgame make. Bioware did wonderfully with the quest chains, social dialogue options, light side/dark side choices, companion stories (until they hit 10k lol)... everything that Bioware does well (Dragon Age etc.). Endgame was down to warzones and daily hard modes and small raids since we had a small guild - we had to pug at least 2 players even for an 8-man - but we're now part of another like-minded group of progressive players. (the new guild name is Scorched Earth Order.) Even one evening playing with them was a world of difference. We grouped up for pvp, ran hard mode EV, and joked around for the whole night. MUCH better experience than dragging our feet begging for one more dps.

My point is - endgame sucks for a solo player or small group. Get into a progressive guild and have more fun with it.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I know I would be addicted to that game...so I didn't buy it lol
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    I am not a fan. The husband is addicted and it's keeping me from Skyrim. ;)
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was addicted up until a few weeks ago. I enjoyed my story from 1-50, but after being 50 for over a month now, there just isn't anything fun to do. Unfortunately, as I feared might be the case before launch, it seems that the game is mostly just a solid single player / co-op RPG experience from 1-50, and after that, it's just a bare-bones MMO with very poor itemization and content for level 50 players.

I've leveled a few alts into the 20s and 30s and have enjoyed their stories as well, but I don't know if it's worth repeating the massive amounts of quests just to see the 15% new story quests. After I finish leveling my sith character (a little slower this time around :laugh: ) and have experienced both sides of the story, I imagine I won't have much reason to log on for a while.

I tried to keep my blinders on for as long as I could, since I really wanted this game to be the next great thing, but I'm afraid it just doesn't have the magic for me.

BioWare said this game would be like KotOR 3-10 and as irony would have it, they were pretty much dead on (although probably not in the intent of their original statement). Enjoy the class stories for what they are, but don't expect much in terms of innovative MMO gameplay.

This is my experience almost dead on. I enjoyed playing through the first time, switched factions because the server I was on had a massive amount of empire (on a pvp server) and hardly any republic so it wasn't fun. We switched sides to have a little more fun but even playing with some friends we all kind of drifted away from it. We tried to add pvp queuing into the mix but found the pvp to be a little lacking. Despite fun with friends it just didn't keep our attention very long. We aren't holding it against it though, it's new! We are hoping that maybe we can pick it up in the future and things will be better, but for now getting healthy is more important than an mmo I wasn't enjoying.
  • Wilson336
    Wilson336 Posts: 76
    Options
    Anyone here still playing this game? My son and I just ordered it after playing the free weekend last week...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Not after these last changes they made, no. I like to pvp and craft, and I used to be able to do both with a minimum of pve (mostly I stuck to the main storyline quests and ignored side quests). Now unless you join one of the better pvp guilds that runs premades, you can't craft and pvp anymore because losing games rewards little or no credits, and you need credits to craft. Stupid changes by Bioware, and the forum is exploding with rage.

That said, I'm sure a lot of non-pvpers are still quite happily playing.
  • adamtall
    Options
    yeah i still play level 50 sin tank and a 33 operative helaer and i do love the new changes and that they fixed some of the bigger bugs in ops and hms

what i dont get is that my understanding is all these changes were in the test realm and not alot of people complained but as soon as it went live the whole community threw there hands up day one and completly raged about it without giving them so much as an hour or two of play time before they completely lost there minds about everythign
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Haven't logged on in over 1 1\2 months. It's a combination of things.
    1) afraid of getting addicted, which was a huge factor to being nearly 500#'

2) lack of time to accomplish stuff. I am pretty strict with my gaming habits. 3-6 hours a week. No more than that. Before 8-10 hrs. everyday was not good or healthy for me.

3) I get bored by myself. I enjoy the grouping and social aspect of MMORPGs but it takes time and dedication. Maybe I am unlucky in not finding a laidback social guild to do stuff in.

Also been reading much speculation that it's subscriber base numbers isn't doing well. Offering lots of free trials, enticing peeps that have quit with free 1 month offers to return.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    So my problem with Swtor has been that their dev team could be a little faster in their responses. The entirely valid point of "we want to make sure the changes get done right" only goes so far. Rift's dev team was fantastic. Unfortunately, Rift's lore aspect was incredibly dull (to me). I couldn't get into it for very long. Most other aspects of the game were nice, but the lore killed it for me. Swtor seems to have the opposite problem.
  • adamtall
    Options
    i really wish people would have given it time to grow before abandoning it though i remeber wow having lots of issues during vanilla
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    i really wish people would have given it time to grow before abandoning it though i remeber wow having lots of issues during vanilla

I unsubbed because I stopped having fun. I would resub if it were fun again. WoW has nothing to do with it, I don't play WoW anymore either, because it stopped being fun, too. Mostly because the pvp sucks in both games if you aren't in a pvp guild. I'm not, and I don't want to be.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm probably gonna unsub too. Lack of PVP content and no rated BG's this patch like they promised.

No me gusta.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I was until I started this fitness thing that plus the lack of pvp ... I had a lvl 50 sorc madness all the way .. well some healing at times but Loved using the force to shock people