Quick question

Options
Would jogging in place while hooping still workout your tummy of would it be more the legs?

Replies

• Crystalkmoore
    Crystalkmoore Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer but I truly admire your coordination. I'm having a blast hooping but I'd break a hip if I took my focus off of the actual hooping.
  • MamaNinjetty
    Options
    I didn't get it right away. I hoped for years before I got to big from bein pregos. I also use to belly dance. It did take me a bit to pick up hooping again once I started again. I got that DVD Hoppnatics (SP) that teaches some cool tricks. I can only do a couple of them at the moment, but I am still trying. Something else I do is incorporate some belly dancing move in my hooping. Before I could jog in place I place one foot forward then back and switched feet.
  • ttonks
    ttonks Posts: 9
    Options
    Hooping on one foot increases balance and strengthens the legs, as well as looking impressive ;)
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    I jog in place while hooping sometimes when I want a cardio workout while hooping. I think it works the abs and the legs. You still have to keep the abs or hips going to keep it going otherwise it would fall--the movement is small and quick but still there! I also like to hoop on one leg and that really works the core and helps with balance (and works the standing leg and glute!).
  • brittlouise
    Options
    I have been trying just to alternate from a side to side stance, to right foot in front, to left foot in front.
    Then I have also been doing stepping side to side, and front to back.
    Also raising my knees, like marching in place for a bit.

All which I got from the Hoopgirl dvds, which breaks a sweat!

It takes some focus at first but I think it helps me move around better and pretty soon I won't even have to think about it! :]