Weighing in on the Wii Fit Board

Options
jaabee11
jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
I have been weighing myself on the Wii Fit Board for a month or so now after my bathroom scales broke.
I'm getting really frustrated with it.
I wonder how accurate it is as it seems to fluctuate so much.
This morning I weighed myself again to test it , straight after first time.
I weighed less by .2 the second time. I'd changed nothing.
I know our weight can fluctuate over the day and there can be many reasons for changes one day to the next but I"m getting a lot more us and downs than when I used the bathroom scales.
I guess the reason it is upsetting me more today is it showed a great loss yesterday and suddenly today it says I gained 1.1 then .9. I can't work out a reason for it so makes me wonder if yesterdays loss was incorrect.
Yes, I weigh every day, I can't help it. I hate being addicted to the number on the scale but I am, so there it is. A work in progress.
I'll be buying a new set of bathroom scales soon but was interested in what others thought.
Thanks

Replies

• Suegeee
    Suegeee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    buy a new scale. The board is incredibly inaccurate. :sick:
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Are you deducting the correct weight for your clothing? I've found the board to be fine. obviously you need to weigh around the same time of day. It can differ by two pounds.

I would agree with Suegee and advise you invest in your own bathroom scales and way once a week on those. Just take the wii board weight as a guide.
    I'm enjoying my wii fitness plus. I have had it since November. :bigsmile:

Take care :)
  • jaabee11
    Options
    update.
    I have now purchased a new set of bathroom scales and feel a lot more in control of my weighing.
    I was really careful with the Wii, No clothes, set to 0 clothing, same time , same place, tried to even stand exactly same place on the board.
    I'm not going to bother weighing on it now at all, ok, well maybe once in a blue moon.
    Thanks for the info.

oh and it is exactly 1.7 under my new scales which is the exact same difference to my last set of bathroom scales. Guess that proves mine under weighs at least.
    Trouble is I kinda feel I've gained 1.7. Guess that makes up for the nice loss I felt I experienced when I started weighing on the Wii even though I knew I hadn't ,lol

cya around
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have faith in the Wii board, It is weighing using electronic means. Most scales are now weighing in this fashion unless you spent the money for a balance scale. A balance scale is 100% percent accurate if it is placed on a solid surface like a tile or stone floor. If you are getting fluctuations, are you moving the scale, soft spots in the floor can cause fluctuations. A 0.2 fluctuation is attributable to environmental causes either with the person being weighed or other uncontrollable environmental causes.

I always deduct 2 lbs for my clothing and wear a t-shirt and Under Armour shorts, so very little is changing. I also weigh myself as soon as I get up in the morning. My big interest is seeing my weight going down. The total weight is important, but weight changes from day to day are the most important. I think the frustration people are feeling is more related to the difficulty of losing weight, rather than the Wii Board being inaccurate. Just my personal opinion.
  • plusdivanva
    plusdivanva Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I personally like using the board to weigh myself. It matched my Dr's scale to the number when I was going to get weighed in. For me it works :)
  • jaabee11
    Options
    mine actually was way out from the doctors. my bathroom scale was 1 kilo less than the doctors and the Wii another 1.7 under that.
    The main thing is to weigh ourselves in the same conditions , same scale every time.
    loving my new bathroom scales, feel so much more in control now.

Hello!
    I personally like using the board to weigh myself. It matched my Dr's scale to the number when I was going to get weighed in. For me it works :)
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't actually own a bathroom scale, so the Fit is the only one I have. Scales and I typically don;t get along, so I look at this one once a day before I start my routine, and don't look at it again till the next day. The numbers on it reflect the progress that I'm showing, so I have some faith in it. :)