Wii Fit IS exercise.

Options
jaabee11
jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
Hi, I've noticed occasionally on the message boards , blogs etc some ppl ridiculing the Wii Fit as exercise or a work out.
Seriously, if I'm not exercising then I'm not sure what you'd call it.

I couldn't hardly walk to the letter box 6 months ago and when I first got my Wii Fit Plus 85 days ago 10 min of really basic stuff was exhausting. I saw others doing 30 min, 60 min and thought I'd never be able to do that.
Bit by bit I added and changed what I was doing and yesterday I did 90 min for over 500 cals burnt.
I feel so proud of myself and no one can tell me the Wii isn't exercise.
I was hot sweaty and feeling the burn. :)
I biked for 30 min yesterday, jogged for 30 the other day, I can hula hoop for 10 min etc etc.
I couldn't jog on the spot at all before. I don't run, I never ran even when I was young and fit, I hated it yet here I am jogging around the house for 30 min!
I just felt like putting this out there for anyone to be encouraged by.
Any cals burnt up other your daily routine is definately exercise.
Maybe one day I'll be in the gym, & doing all sorts of other exercises but for now I LOVE my WII Fit Plus, it has helped me so very much to gain strength and fitness.
Good luck to you all.

Replies

• Suegeee
    Suegeee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I LOVE wii...it's the only way I am exercising. I can do it while it rains outside, is dark or cold...does'nt take a trip to get to, and aside from not walking my dogs as I should, I am sweating, heart rate up and being challenged because I am competitive and lkke games :) Who cares what "they" say. And yes, one day perhaps I'll be able to do alot more, but for now it's great!