Warrior Dash in IOWA!!!!

Options
bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member
http://warriordash.com/register2012_iowa.php

I think I'm going to try to do this... anyone else?

Replies

• lovinlife71
    Options
    I am going to check my schedule when I get home tonight!! WOO HOO!!!!
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I'll have to start talking people into signing up with me.
  • kristie_cla
    kristie_cla Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, a few of us had talked about doing the one in Minnesota but this would be better. I like the idea for sure...now, if I can only get my lazy heiny to cooperate!!! :o)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Oh this is fantastic. I was contemplating going to one out of state. This is much better.
    Maybe we can form a MFP Warriors team to motivate each other?
  • llarsen29
    llarsen29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes! We should!
    I've always wanted to try one of these...have any of you done one before?
  • NotGoddess
    Options
    I haven't, but I've been googling it a lot. :) I wanted to do one last year but there weren't any nearby and honestly I wasn't fit enough--though I've read it isn't that hard if you are determined.

What I've heard- wear clothes you aren't afraid to ruin, shoes you aren't afraid to lose in the mud, and bring spare clothes! I'd be interested in doing a costume if others are, else I'll probably go the Lara Croft camo tank/shorts route (if I loose enough of my mommy tummy by then to feel confident :)

If we want to do a team we should sign up for the same wave, if possible. I'd like to do a late morning wave - late enough so they've gotten some of the kinks out, but the field isn't totally trashed. Oh and early enough to party a bit but still have time to sober up enough to drive. :)

But it'll be about 2 weeks before I can register (mortgage comes first :) so I'll take what's open & try to get the same wave as others here.
  • nlehmann
    Options
    My husband and I are in plus at least two others from work...PARTY :) I am the only female in the group so far...I am going to kick all their ***s :tongue:
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am ramping up some others to go with me. I've never done one before, but it looks like a BLAST! I'd really love it if my hubby would do it with me, but he's really not interested, unfortunately. I'm a little worried, am just now starting towards a fitter me, hope I can do it!

My friend did one last year, and she said her sister doesn't work out at all and did it with her - just went around the obstacles she couldn't manage. I guess I can do the same thing!
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    I'm signed up! I'm a little scared, but VERY excited! This will be the first time I'll have ever done something like this. My goal definitely isn't to win. I just want to finish!! :laugh:
  • Resalyn
    Options
    I'm signed up! I'm a little scared, but VERY excited! This will be the first time I'll have ever done something like this. My goal definitely isn't to win. I just want to finish!! :laugh:

LOL I just want to be able to do at least half the obstacles and then crawl across the finish line if I have to..... :-)
  • NotGoddess
    Options
    I'm signing up this Friday. If anyone wants me in their wave post what time you signed up for and I'll try to get in the same one. I'm doing this one alone and would love to have others from MFP to support and get support from. It would be great if there were a bunch of us in the same wave. My goal: do my best on the obstacles and finish no matter what.
  • CrimsonStarfire
    CrimsonStarfire Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome, I will have to wait to signup. I start a new job on Mon. and I need to see how that goes first schedule wise. Also I want to try to convince my husband to go with me. This looks like a blast. I think I would be extremly proud of my self if I can get through those obstacles, they look extremely tough.
  • loseramy68
    loseramy68 Posts: 102
    Options
    I would love to do that one! I already signed up for the Color Run in Minneapolis the same weekend, though. Definitely will put a Warrior Dash on my list for next year. Those that do it, make sure you let us know how it went.
  • khehr
    khehr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Signed up, and got 14 folks from my Farrell's gym to do it with me! Go Team!
  • NotGoddess
    Options
    Wasn't able to sign up before (darn mortgage :) but I'm finally registered for the 1:30 race.
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Signed myself and my daughter up today for the 2:30 group. Now to really train for it - anyone doing anything special other than their regular workouts?
  • nlehmann
    Options
    in at 2:30 with two co-workers! WAHOO! We were talking about some playground type workouts, climing around... Other than that it will be P90X and 4-5 runs a week until 7/14! So excited.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    im in the 9:30 AM heat cant wait to see you all there!
  • anoroc751
    anoroc751 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We have a small group from Cedar Rapids going. This is the warm up for the Tough Mudder event in September in Wisoconsin.
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There is another event in Boone at Seven Oaks the weekend of May 19-20. Its a little pricey but I have run the course to GPS map it and I can say it was a lot of fun. Here is the link below, I have been doing p90x for a few months on top of being generally active and found this to be a very challenging course. Should be a great time and a good challenge for all!

BTW - I just found this group and would like to say hello to my fellow Iowans - my name is Nick and I live in Des Moines (Grimes).

http://www.sevenoaksrec.com/gladiator-assault-challenge.html