New to group and I really need help!

Options
Hi, this is my first day in this group and I really need some help with setting up MFP goals. My BMR is 1310 and I can't figure out what I need to do. Can someone help me? I range between 131-129 ( I am 5'2") and my BMR is 1310. I am trying to get down to 120lbs. It says in MFP my maintenance is 1500. I can't seem to figure this out. I feel like an idiot...lol. I have been on 1200 calories (per MFP) and I workout everyday and have not lost 1 lb. Can someone help get me started?

thanks!

Replies

• jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer in not eating below your bmr. You have to fuel you body with at least that. Try upping your calories 10-15 percent for a couple of weeks and see if there is any change. Eat as clean as possible. And don't weigh too often, it can be discouraging.

For more info:
    What do you have your activity level set to?
    Do you log/ eat your exercise calories?
    What is your diet like?
    What type of exercise do you do?
  • tammy1005
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the help. I was able to figure out my BMR (1203) and I have it set now so I can see my deficit. All the numbers and all the posts I read yesterday my head was spinning..

I do log my calories, and exercise calories.
    I run outside a couple times a week and I run/elliptical every morning and doing 30 day shred
    My diet is pretty good minus my occasional chocoate, and coctail.

so I figured out using the Olivia method to set my calories at 1443. So I am eating between 1203 and 1300 calories. Also, not working out more then 780 calories and if I do I need to eat the difference

I hope I figured this out right...would really love to see my deficit. I have been trying on 1200 calories for over a month and have not lost a lb even with all the working out that I do.

thanks for taking the time for me . Feel free to add me!