Starting P90 today ... how to dedicate time without being in

Options
This is going to be my 2nd attempt with P90. I managed 1.5 weeks in January, but busy family life interrupted my schedule.

I'm determined to do this again and to keep trying to make exercise a regular part of my life again.

Easy part of this workout that it can be done at home 30 min a day, hardest part is to find these 30 min. Last time I did each workout almost after 10pm when babies were asleep. It was really tough to find energy that late. So I'm trying to find time either right after work and before picking kids up from daycare or in the morning, although I doubt I can wake up.

I think I just burned 100 calories just thinking about workout 8-O

Is anyone in? I'm planning to take measurements every 15 days.

Day 1 (I'll update this later today from home)
Weight
waist
chest
hips
thighs
arms

Replies

• Rboch
    Rboch Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i"m in and I know what you mean! I got through about two weeks of P90 in January but I started wanting something a bit more challenging so I just start the P90X program on Monday (Feb 13th). The workouts are about an hour each, some longer. However I'm finding more desire and motivation to do the workouts with this program. I even woke up before 6am a couple days this week to get my workouts in, which let me tell you is so unlike me!! But it felt great and I felt like that all day. I also feel that normally by the end of the day I have less motivation to get the workout done, I think I'll try and get myself used to getting up earlier in the mornings from now on.
  • orienteer
    Options
    i"m in and I know what you mean! I got through about two weeks of P90 in January but I started wanting something a bit more challenging so I just start the P90X program on Monday (Feb 13th). The workouts are about an hour each, some longer. However I'm finding more desire and motivation to do the workouts with this program. I even woke up before 6am a couple days this week to get my workouts in, which let me tell you is so unlike me!! But it felt great and I felt like that all day. I also feel that normally by the end of the day I have less motivation to get the workout done, I think I'll try and get myself used to getting up earlier in the mornings from now on.

I should force myself to try at least a couple of workouts a week during AM. I found P90 is still at my level to get in better shape.

Does P90X require lots of equipment? I prefer weights to resistance band, but yet to invest into good adjustable dumbbells.

Hope we'll stick to these workouts this time!
  • Rboch
    Options
    Yes exactly, whatever works for you. I found that doing the few weeks of P90 increased my strength and helped me prepare for P90X. Technically it requires a pull up bar (&weights) which I now have, but I am still unable to do a full pull up yet...so I use a band wrapped around it (could also wrap it around the top corner of a door and close it) and I do exercises pulling down on the band from a sitting on my knees position while they do pull ups during the video. I also prefer dumbbells and use them instead of the bands. Its more fast paced and the videos are longer but its a good program (I've found so far).

Yes definitely, looking forward to hearing about your journey :)
  • bobbieflorey
    Options
    I am starting P 90 tomorrow...I am so out of shape but I have to do this for myself! :) I am hopeful that I can find some support on here! :)
  • Rboch
    Options
    P90 is an excellent program for starting to get on track with working out! You may be quite sore for the first week or two and alternating daily between the same two workouts (Cardio and Sculpt) might seem like a bit much at first but do your best to stick to it and the soreness will be gone in no time!!

I'm currently on day 12 of P90X and I'm feeling really good. Would love to join you on you journey and hear all about it!

Ps- You started Wednesday? How are you finding it??

Rachel
  • rocheyegirl
    Options
    I can totally relate, I started 4 days ago, and have been exhausted from my long work days. I have a medical condition and have difficulty getting up in the morning too - but I will have to try to just GET UP and do it.

Good luck everyone.

Staci
  • mkshortall
    mkshortall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started the P90 program yesterday myself. Looked at the P90X but didn't feel that I was ready for the yet. Hoping that once I have done p90 once or twice all the way through I will be up to the P90X. Please add me as a friend as I am new here...