Wierd Question

Options
brookef81
brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
Ok, so it is probably because I drink A LOT of water during the day, but I have noticed lately that when I am working out especially during a fire drill, I (wait for it...) pee a little bit! It is only a little not like gushing out on the floor or anything but it is especially when I am jumping-which is a lot during the HIIT workouts. Has anyone else experienced this or should I ask the Dr?

Replies

• Sweeterescape
    Options
    You contract muscles to pee (even though it feels like "releasing" not so)...so it's probably that you're working really hard and contracting all your muscles!

I'd say go before you start the workout, hopefully that should help ;-)
  • brookef81
    Options
    Thanks, I also read that a lot of moms experience this because of the effects of childbirth! Darn those kiddos! :-) I am just going to have to wear a pad!
  • sandymck413
    sandymck413 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem too, and i had surgery on my bladder 2 years ago and I was fine for a year and low and behold it's back. What I do is go to the bathroom before I start and I pause the CD and go again, but let's face it I have to put a pad on too. :embarassed:
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    damn kids, good thing they are so cute ;)
  • brookef81
    Options
    damn kids, good thing they are so cute ;)

Yes, they are lucky! LOL
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    ...blushes... yes. Especially my first time through - I started when my 3rd baby was 3 months old. LOL. I always have to pause and go to the bathroom - usually RIGHT after a HIIT on the Fire classes!
  • gobichick
    Options
    This is a common problem and there are exercises you can do to help control it! They are called kegel exercises which you may have heard of before. Good thing about them is that you can do them anywhere anytime so it is easy to work them out. Here is a link in case you have not heard of them before. Hope that helps! http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel-exercises/WO00119
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LOL! Not a weird question at ALL I wondered the same thing. After most of the jumps, I do it too. uh oh! But My kids are 9 and 4. So I don't know if it has to be recent childbirth. Even when I go to the bathroom before my classes, It still comes out, buring the intense jumps, but I dont want to stop. So lets face it. i will just have to pad as well. Thanks for being brave enough to bring it up!