"Encouragement! Yes?"

Options
LauRoxx
LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
Hahaha, every single time I hear that I think about Couples Retreat but honestly I think a lot of us need it right now.

It's halfway through the month and for a lot of us we may be getting discouraged with our results and coming to the realization that we may not reach our FEBRUARY weight loss goals, BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU! This month is far from over and it's easy to turn it around if you just stick with it.

If you have maintained your beginning weight and are getting frustrated just examine what you are doing. If you're gaining muscle don't sweat the fact that the scale isn't moving! If your muscle-to-fat ratios haven't changed at all don't be afraid to stick it out a little longer (it may take a while for REAL dieting results to start showing) or possibly consider tweaking your diet: More calories, less calories, more snacks, less sugar, more strength training, less cardio, etc. Everyone's body is a little different so don't be afraid to start experimenting and learning your body a little better with every progressing week.

And to those who may be feeling especially discouraged by a weight GAIN, I'm telling you DON'T! Weight gain can happen for a number of reasons and this is a PERFECT opportunity to learn from these dieting lessons to really get down to what your body needs for weight loss (Maybe stress management, less processed foods, a different eating schedule).

I just want everyone to know that THIS is the time to get your motivation back!! Learn from your mistakes, keep on your path if you're already succeeding, and remember that dieting and becoming healthy is a J-O-U-R-N-E-Y, it isn't just about your goals in February but for the months following, too.

Get that momentum going so you can go full stride into March and continue getting results far past February :D

Replies

• SlickDaddyCool
    SlickDaddyCool Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You rock, thanks!
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes! Thank you so much. I needed this today.
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    Totally with you! I needed motivation so much that I convinced one of my sisters to work out with me three days a week. We've gotten through this calendar week, and have next week's days planned. Yea!!!
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Totally with you! I needed motivation so much that I convinced one of my sisters to work out with me three days a week. We've gotten through this calendar week, and have next week's days planned. Yea!!!

Love Love Love :D
    Keep it up! Having plans set in stone like that is the numero uno way for me to stick with things, you wake up everyday knowing exactly what you need to do and there's no excuse not to!
  • irsleepy2
    Options
    Thanks, I needed that today, ...and you're absolutely right!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    We are all so fabulous! We've joined the group in the hopes of losing some weight, but in this short time we've come to motivate and support one another on this grand, life-long journey. Couldn't have wished for a better group of strong people! *^_^*
  • tom_servo
    tom_servo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well said! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • TexasGirl_Amie
    Options
    I was thinking that when I realized I only have 1 week left to lose 3 pounds and reach my Feb goal. Thank you for putting into perspective for me. I know now that my goal was a bit optimistic! lol. If I can get there, I will be estatic, but I will be proud of myself for sticking with it regardless. :)