That lying scale

Options
Weighed myself for the first time in three weeks and I gained a pound. Been trying to follow the diet plan with calories and nutritional macros with usually a single cheat meal per week, compensated with slight caloric deficits before and after the cheat. That said I'm still seeing improvements in physique. Now I didn't start at a weight where I had much to lose. (6'2" 190ish, 192 now ), just finding it curious. How is everyone else doing and what are your goals.

Replies

• earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The scale is the devil's playground! Put it in the attic.

You should focus on your body fat percentage, that is your measure of fitness. Realize that 1 lb of 190 total is 0.5% difference - it could be water, it could be something you ate. It's PROBABLY increased muscle mass too, which is a good thing and something you want to see.
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Take pictures! I just took some two week pictures because I was getting discouraged that I've only lost six pounds and it looks like I've lost MUCH more than that. Remember, you are losing fat but GROWING muscle.
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 9 and haven't really lost any weight. I have lost close to 18" though....I hate the scale!!!! I just weighed myself again this morning and it didn't budge, even a tenth of pound. I am starting to really see my body change though, so I will continue and finish. My plan is to finish p90x, then do Insanity, then p90x2.

My husband is doing it with me and he has actually gained a couple pounds, though he looks thinner and more muscular.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've actually lost 17 lbs, but I am doing the fully insanity work out in the morning, P90X at night and then 2 days of long runs. I think the extra cardio has really helped to lose the weight and slim down. But this week I havent lost anything, but my jeans that were tight are now perfect, so I'm not too worried about the scale. I'd rather look good in my clothes than be skinny fat.