BAG END TO RIVENDELL

Options

Replies

• Darklight464
    Darklight464 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok after a very lazy weekend - I have started to climb the steep slope at 17.5 miles out. Ran 5.2 miles today! I don't have a pedometer at the moment so can't add that distance to it.
  • Raukodraug
    Raukodraug Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Finished my second day of walking and I'm just shy of the first slopes of the Green Hiil Country. By tomorrow I should be able to see the lights of Hobbiton and then watch them disappear from view.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My stay at the Bridge Inn was great!! Great food, and a good night's rest. Just crossed the Brandywine Bridge and turned south, heading toward Buckland. I've got 9 miles to go before I stop for the night!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    7.25 previously plus 3.25 miles today puts me at 10.5

Which...I dunno where I'm at. I'll have to look again.
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well apparently my body couldn't handle much more than 2.5 miles yesterday which brought me to Crossing The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge and Entering Tookland. I'm running late on you guys! I will have to intensify and walk a bit faster to catch up! Oh...and please pick up the trash you leave behind yourself, and put it in your backpack! The lady is tired of cleaning! (joke in this context but tired of cleaning behind my bf in real life...woah.) ;)
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    And I started my journey a couple of days ago. 7 miles in, so I'm just striking out. This is going to be slow as I don't do much walking or running as of yet, but I'll get there!
  • Tclub
    Tclub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Almost made it to camp. I have traveled 15 miles via biking, walking, and elliptical. 15-18 Miles

We travel along the Stock Road a way and then we come to our first milestone. This is where Frodo, Sam and Pippin made camp for the night!
  • Darklight464
    Options
    wahoo, have made it to camp today!! day one completed!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Well my walk to coffee and back was probably a mile total so 11.5 for now, which means I've had my frugal supper and I am on my way to Stock Road.

I am going to try and put in a little walking/jogging this evening before my raid so I can at least say hi to everyone else at camp!
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    I walked 2 miles today so I finally was able to look back at the lights of Hobbiton from the first slopes of the Green Hill Country.
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    sudden snow flurries made it a chilly walk for little hobbit feet, but at 7 miles total i can just see the wee lights of hobbiton as i move onward to green hill country. looking forward (or not, inclines....) to padding along those hills tomorow. :D

edit: i guess i'm also waving hello to brandiluharve as our paths cross!
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    :bigsmile: Waving Hello back!:bigsmile:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am just starting today so I have some catching up to do....I will be following Frodo because that's my dogs name.
    My dogs name is OBE - (wrong blockbuster) & he keeps stopping to take a leak...i'm pretty sure Pippin never did that..........
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Did 6.4 miles counting yesterdays walk as well. So all up I have done 18.2 miles.
    Look back at lights of Hobbiton from first slopes of the Green Hill Country.
    Hobbiton hidden as slopes rise and fall.
    Stop in a birch grove. Eat a frugal supper (ca. 10 p.m.).
    Reach Stock Road
    Begin to sing. Walk through a deeply cloven track between tall trees.
    Climb a steep slope. Pippins yawns (“Nearly midnight”).
    Camp - In a firwood just over top of the hill. Sleep by a large tree. Fox sees them.

Boy these hobbits can walk! Made it through day one.
  • muffyjog
    Options
    Ok, when last we left our...well...me...I was just about to round the hedgerows south. I did another three and a half miles since then, and seven flights of stairs. How much do stairs count, I wonder?

So! I think that leaves me...Entering Tookland!

Who's with me there?
  • muffyjog
    Options
    Go you! Congratulations!

Edit:
    Sigh...that was supposed to be in reply to JadeRabbit08.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did 2.5 miles today, which puts me at about 3.9 miles.

I've crossed the plank bridge and am well on my way to the Brandywine Bridge. I will enter Tookland by tomorrow.
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Finally got my bum moving on this!
    Total so far 10 miles, hoping to get a lot more in over the weekend.
  • brandiluharvey
    Options
    Ok I slacked off yesterday but good news I got my poster in the mail today so I am walking tonight RAIN OR SHINE!!!!
  • Darklight464
    Options
    Today I am 5 miles down the road at the start of day 2, where the road rolls up and down!