Exercise and Hair Growth

Options
xMsAlly
xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
Hey ladies! first I wanna say I love this group.

Anyone else find their hair grows faster when they're working out 3x per week or more? I think mine does...and I notice women who exercise regularly have long hair in general...or maybe this is a myth. Ideas?

Replies

• GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! first I wanna say I love this group.

Anyone else find their hair grows faster when they're working out 3x per week or more? I think mine does...and I notice women who exercise regularly have long hair in general...or maybe this is a myth. Ideas?

I just started working out and changing my lifestyle so I'm not quite sure. If exercise does make your hair grow faster that's a big plus:)
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Hello,

Yes, I've noticed it and have read about it so when I noticed the change in my hair being healthier, I am a true believer.
  • Alierob
    Alierob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have noticed my hair getting longer... I am not sure it is the exercise or the clean eating and vitamins. It is probably a combination of the healthier lifestyle.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    wow I wondered the same thing--it seems like my hair JUMPED when I started sweating on a regular basis
    and eliminating junk
  • ReDoableMe
    ReDoableMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I noticed my hair has grown a LOT after eliminating all the junk food. I don't exercise much, but now that ya'll are bringing that up, I'm almost scared to see what happens when I do start working out more!
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I agree when I started gaining weight my hair got shorter about 4 inches. Now iam trying to live healthy my hair is growing again.
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Its funny, I think my hair is doing the opposite. I am not taking any hair vitamins yet, although I am going to start, but my hair is breaking off in certain areas, I think a combination of some healt issues as well as me sweating in my head when I work out. I cant always wash it out the day I sweat so I think it is causing my hair to break off. When I have twist in my hair however it is much better.

Erica
  • LoLo330ksu
    Options
    I think your right about hair growing with more exercise. The same way if you do scalp massages your hair with grow b/c your promoting blood flow and more oxygen. When your work out our increasing your blood flow and spreading oxygen to all your extremities including your head. So your hair is getting more oxygen through blood flow and nutrients. Just my theory. I hope were right I my stretching my relaxer and experiencing some shedding. And just started working out.
  • foodequalshappy
    foodequalshappy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think it's the increased water intake and the clean eating especially if you are upping your protein. Protein and water are essential for hair growth.
    Dried sweat will break your hair though, so try and wipe the sweat off with a damp cloth through the hair as you probably can't wash it daily.