Aiming to lose 60-70lbs...Who's with me? ;) & P90X

Options
Hello there,

I'm a proud new mom of a 5mo./2wk old daughter. When I was pregnant, I gained over 70lbs..Yikes! I was eating whatever and whenever I wanted, and exercised at a minimum(since I did a lot of walking to and from work and metro). After I gave birth, I lost approximately 15lbs, and was so excited! But, that didn't come from my eating habits, that came from BFing and all of the water weight I was toting around. Eventually, I gained the weight back, and now I'm weighing in at 205lbs; this needs to GO!!! So, my goal is to do the P90X program, which was initially bought for my boyfriend although he's already fit, but instead I'm going to tactle it. My goal is to loss apprx. 70lbs and drop down to a size 4 from a size 14, and to lose 14" of my waist and 7" of my hips.

Is anyone up for the challenge with me...also motivation is very much needed! =) Thanks ladies!

Replies

• NicNab
    NicNab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nana - My husband really enjoyed the P90X program. I have been hesitant to join because the workouts are about an hour a night, but I have started doing the Ab Ripper X portion...it is a fantastic workout!
  • seashell01
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred because my darling child is now refusing to go to bed before 8:30 and I don't have the time to do the p90x workouts... BUT I'll be joining you and the rest of the p90xers when my son decides to go back to his normal sleeping habits. I'll check in with you then to see how you're doing. Good luck!!
  • NanaJolie23
    Options
    Wow...good luck with getting him back to his regular sleeping habits. lol. Luckily, as of now, MD sleeps through the night; but, I usually try to do the p90x w.o in the morning most of the time, and if not, then after I cook dinner but before I eat.
  • NanaJolie23
    Options
    I know! This is a fantastic program...Today was actually Day 1 for the doubles version.
  • NanaJolie23
    Options
    I forgot to add, that I have the 30 day shred too, and she is hard. I also have her Yoga meltdown and the banish fat one. I'm just going to try to stick to this p90x program, especially since I'm doing the doubles phase.
  • seashell01
    Options
    Yeah - Jillian and I are not friends right now :-) I like the shred workouts, but I do prefer p90x. My husband and I were doing p90x a year or so ago and we saw great results, but I stopped when I got pregnant. I'm hoping to start up again in April or May, but I need to get back in semi-decent shape first!
  • Emersons_Mom
    Options
    I gained so much weight while pregnant!! I have a 4 month old and still have 50lbs to go. I'm doing bootcamp with a personal trainer and bikram yoga, but I would love to keep up with your P90X journey!! I need all the support I can get!!