Tell me about your love for motocross

Options
Hopefully others will find their way to our group. In the meantime, tell me about your love for motocross. How long have you been riding? What size bike do you have?
Motocross is generally a family affair. Does your whole family ride?
Do you watch the races?

Replies

• fuzz_pawz
    Options
    Hey hey, this will be my 3rd year riding. I grew up with bikes because my brothers rode but I never got into it then...being the only girl, I guess I was suppose to be the princess.
    My husband has been riding street for quite some time and then moved into supermoto and we eventually both got into MX.

I'm LOVING every minute of it, the challenge, the learning, just saying I can do it is absolutely awesome!

Currently, I'm on an CR 80R, did my first race last year with the women. What great experience, and I can't wait to do it again. Also can't wait until the ground thaws up and the snow melts so we can get both track and trail time in.

I definitely love the challenge of the trails, helps me understand the bike and learn to control it.
  • kdeerhake
    kdeerhake Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just a little late to this thread!

Where are you two located? I'm in Clearwater, FL and I've run across some other women riders. Currently on a crf250 and mostly ride tracks and occasionally trails.

Dirtbike Girl, you have a family into it?
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Where are you two located? I'm in Clearwater, FL and I've run across some other women riders. Currently on a crf250 and mostly ride tracks and occasionally trails.

I am in Lake County so a couple hours NW of you. (I think I have the right direction, but I really stink at geography.) I ride tracks only. I had a snake encounter on a trail so I have been haunted by that ever since. I am on a KLX 125. I am short and I can't stand the feeling of not being able to touch the ground. I swear that I will get on a 250 eventually but I seriously think that I try a 150r before I do that. It is a little taller than my bike now. I have to ease into it.
    Husband and girls are both on bikes. Hubby on the KX450 (he has been riding since he was a teenager) and girls on a Yamaha 4-wheeler.
    I will send you a friend request.
  • fuzz_pawz
    fuzz_pawz Posts: 106
    Options

Edmonton, AB, Canada here.
  • yamagirl19
    yamagirl19 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi All

Beeing riding dirt off and on. Always at the speedway track. I just recently bought a TTR 230 yamana. I know not really motocross but I love to play in the dirt. Love Supercross and I saw the race when it came to Toronto Canada last month. It was fabulous. I'd like to try dirt track myself one day. I street ride as well. I have a Yamaha FZ6. I am trying to make motorcycling my full time career. Perhaps open a training school or something along those lines.

Anyways drop me a line anytime.

YAMAGIRL OUT!!!!
  • jeshey
    jeshey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey group!

I was super stoked to come across a group on MFP about dirt bikes, riding and motocross! I've been riding dirt bikes off and on pretty much my entire life; but started racing competively in 2007. I currently race the AMA National Enduro Series which is an offroad series. However I love practicing and riding with friends on local motocross tracks. I Recently sold my KTM 300XC and purchased a new Yamaha YZ 250. I absolutely LOVE this bike. It's got tons of power and is super agile.

My wife does not ride but she loves watching Super Cross and Motocross every chance she gets. For the past few years we have attended the St Louis round of Super Cross and just recently got our tickets for 2013!!! YES. We follow Super Cross like my Grandma follows the Young and the Restless. Love it!

Anyways...thanks for putting together this group and I look forward to talking DIRT BIKES, racing, etc with you guys/gals.

Braaaap!
  • fuzz_pawz
    fuzz_pawz Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome everyone!

Nice to see some fellow riders out there.

Does anyone use a HRM when riding?? I have worn one a few times, but I'm not at all convinced it's accurate...tell me your experiences :)
  • jeshey
    jeshey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have never had the opportunity to wear one while riding. It would be cool to do so though. I'd like to see the results from different types of riding. Moto, woods, trail riding, etc.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Just found this group! Nice.

I am an OLD (62) dirt rider. Currently riding a Suzuki DR650 Dual Sport. My days of Motocross, while not over, are much slower now. That quick take off that ends in a cloud of dust and picking my bike up is not as fun as it once was. (Laughing ruefully.).

I am in Colorado just outside of Denver. Incredible trail, moto and mountain riding. Waiting for next summer when my then 5 year old grandson gets his first bike ( I hope) and we go riding.

If any of you are out this way, give a holler for some great rides and tracks.
  • JoeFlabeets
    JoeFlabeets Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't used MFP for anything other than tracking my calories, but it is cool to see that there are other riders on here. I have always ridden bikes on and off, always having to get out of it for work/school/family/ any other distraction you can think of..

My current bike is an RM250, and I try to ride 2 to 3 times a week at the track, I live in north florida so there are lots of places to ride, my favorites are Bostwick Creek and Pax Trax.

One of the topics discussed here was the use of a hrm while riding, I have been using a Garmin forerunner 301 and it works pretty well. It tracks heart rate, speed, distance, elevation and plots your course on the gps map. This model is nice for motocross because it has a large screen and you can strap it to your crossbar pad and peek down at it.

Maybe I will see some of you floridians around the track, I am always looking for people to ride with!!
  • eckstine
    eckstine Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been riding since I was 8 and racing since I was 12. So that is like 34 years on a bike. The older I get the more I love it! My health has been bad so I have not rode since last year. Hoping to get the ok from the doctor to get back on the bike soon.:bigsmile:
  • fuzz_pawz
    Options
    Finally got some footage up...too bad I was having an off day :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Yl3VIRNHI&feature=share&list=UU2pxkfrlgs22pqlXWoUxWGw
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

I'm 31, and I finally learned to ride last October. After begging my husband to teach me, I bought a Honda CR 230L--street legal Dual Sport bike. We have since acquired for me a Suzuki RM 125. My husband has a Honda 650 and 250. So, I get to ride the 250 as well-which is setup as a trail bike.

I've always wanted to race Motocross since I was a teenager. I'm nowhere ready for it, which is why I am trying to lose weight and get in shape.

I love watching Supercross and the Outdoor Series of races. I'm also interested in pursuing Enduro races.

I'm in Southwest Arkansas. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Ring a ding ding!

Jen K.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options

That's a cool video. The only video I have from my GoPro right now is my husband and I doing some street riding, and he then proceeded to run out of gas.
  • fuzz_pawz
    Options

That's a cool video. The only video I have from my GoPro right now is my husband and I doing some street riding, and he then proceeded to run out of gas.

Link???

Hey fellow riders! Major accomplishment for me this past weekend during my ride. I attempted the jumps!!!! I am feeling so comfortable on them now...too bad the season will come to an end soon.

This weekend was so beautiful, perfect for a ride. I got my husband to film behind me (although you can't see me doing jumps, waaa!) so hopefully I can get another vid up soon!
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi riders! I'm new to riding dirt bike as of this last year. I enjoy it and hope to put more hours on my little bike this coming summer, even if it means just tearing up the backyard working on fast starts, hard stops and cornering. :happy: I have to drive about 2.5 hours to get to any decent dirt trails for riding otherwise. I live where it's completely flat.

I totally look like a C-Class rider right now. I look good, but suck at staying on the bike, lol. Actually, I've only dumped my bike once, which was my first day of riding and on major loose gravel, so I'm probably not doing too bad. I'm fairly comfortable on dirt and sand, but still struggle on rocky dirt and gravel. I can't wait to do jumps, but I'm sure I'm a ways off from doing those.

I'd appreciate any tips or constructive newbie advice from peeps. :smile: