balancing work, diet and exercise....

Options
DoreenDC
DoreenDC Posts: 17 Member
It's not easy.....I recently jumped back into a full time job in NYC, while balancing my personal training studio, diet and my own workouts....but honestly, I have no excuses to not get it all done each done because TIRED just doesn't sound good enough....

It's called balance.....IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN YOU PLAN TO FAIL.....that is the bottom line....

When you have a hectic schedule you need to plan ahead to make it all work without worrying about "what am I having for lunch?" WHO NEEDS TO MAKE THAT DECISION EVERY DAM DAY!!!! plan it all the night before, PLASTIC CONTAINERS ARE CHEAP! I cook all my food on my family size GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL every Sunday afternoon......FISH/CHICKEN......DONE! I chop my asparagus, french cut beans, bell peppers, cucumbers and get my romaine ready for separating my salads each night before bed when i also lay out my clothes for the next day.....takes me about 20 minutes TOPS each night to get it all in order.....I get my gym bag ready, my work bag, and my food than each morning, which again, about 15 minutes in the morning.....

ONCE I'm packed I AM OFF! I was working out 7 days a week for over a year up until I started this job, now I need to work PT two designated evenings so I've forced myself off for 2 days....Tues and Thurs and no lie, I FEEL AWESOME and the weight is dropping again.....I have more energy and my body doesn't feel tight at all.....I should have known better as a PT, but I was truly in addiction mode and it was also an outlet for me....stress reliever after going through a bad breakup last year I attacked the gym......it helped but now, it's even better! The gym, without a doubt is my form of therapy.......which I'm sure many of you can relate too....

Fitness Pal without a doubt is a tremendous tool going forward with anyone's diet.....it's total PLANNING!!!! you have your NOTES section which I use to journal my moods if I want to that day....of physically how I am feeling.....

In the long run, it all needs to become a lifestyle and a routine.....after 2 weeks TOPS I assure you, the planning will become second nature.....but if you DONT START PLANNING AND JOURNALING.....you unfortunately will NOT be where you want to be....you need to retrain your mind and body at the same time.....

I'm actually in the process of creating my own Diet and Fitness Journal, I'll keep you all posted once I have it done and it's available for purchase.....I could never find one that I could carry with me and truly log each day, they just weren't designed right to really follow my lifestyle and meal plan.....but I think I may have hit the nail on the head with the one I have in process....

more about me can also be found online at 201.478.9333, anything I can help any of you with at anytime, please just hit me up here and I promise to respond as soon as possible.....

Love :heart: you all and keep up the hard work!!!! GO HARD OR GO HOME!!! hahaha

:smooched:
xo
Doreen

Replies

• TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
    Agreed balance is key....and can be difficult at times...I have come a long way in my journey, but still struggle from time to time...
    I work full time, hit the gym at lunch and weekends...try to prep my weekly meals on Sundays, but hubby is the one that does the cooking so sometimes I get lazy and eat what he has prepared, which is still by far better health wise than the average household..did I mention I also have 3 kids, and currently trying to get my personal trainer certificate and a master trainer cert...I often wonder where I find the time...then I look at my messy house which has been in a state of "renovation" the entire 3.5 yrs I have lived in it...lol.
    You have a very inspirational story Doreen! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • DoreenDC
    DoreenDC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much.....and I admire your drive and ambition! Keep it up.....I've never been one for sitting still either :)

And CONGRADS!!! On the awesome weight loss!!!!