Yesterday Great Day, Not so Great for my diet

Options
smcfaye
smcfaye Posts: 15 Member
Good Morning,

Setting here thinking about yesterday. I had our first work out a Curves. I tried doing Curves a nearly a decade ago, but put everything else before getting their and my health so I only went a couple of times. But I am truly at a place in my life if I don't get control of my weight, I will be in an early grave. I will be 40 this summer, and at 260+ pounds on my barely 5' 1" frame causing more damage than I can imagine.

But back to yesterday, Curves went okay... Really provided just how out of shape I am. In high school, I would take extra gym classes if they were doing aerobics, weight training, or walking. And yesterday, I struggled using some of the machines do to my very large stomach. But I made it through, and was very proud of myself. I came home, and ate lunch and didn't enter the food until I was finished, only to discover that I had ate more calories than I was planning. Then we went out to Olive Garden, for our daughter's upcoming birthday, my dinner plate was over 1000 calories:(

I keep trying to tell myself, that "normal" people eat at Olive Garden too and that it was just 1 meal and today will be better. I can do it this time, I can lose the weight and regain my health, energy, and life.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Have a great day :)

Samantha

Replies

• tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Samantha,
    I can so relate!! I am 43 and now weigh 258 after a 16 pound loss. I am 5'3" so I carry my weight like you, in a short package!! I am very proud of you for going to Curves anyway and I wish you continued success as you go. I have a free month pass to Curves that came in a coupon book, but frankly with my 3 active boys I have no time to go there, so I exercise at home.

As far as eating out, I made it a goal to eat out twice last week. Well, it ended up we went 4 times and I did lose 2 pounds this week. A couple of things I did that may help you next time...1. I looked up the nutritional info online before I went to one of the places because I knew I was going so I planned my whole day and stuck with it. Now granted I ate a kids meal but it was Zaxby's and they aren't very nutritious, but I did have chicken AND fries (which were so good), and lost this week. 2. Unexpectedly I went to lunch with a church group at a Mexican Rest. and knew fajitas were okay. I only ate one tortilla shell and didn't eat the sour cream. I also counted out 12 chips on my napkin and broke them so I could do lots of salsa dipping. 3. Then one day my son had to unexpectedly go to the Dr. and we went to lunch. I asked the restaurant for a nutritional menu, which they all have these days and found something under 400 calories. I got a chicken soup, grilled chicken tenders and broccoli. It was yummy and I still was under 400 calories.

One thing I have found is to steer clear of salads in restaurants unless it is a side salad. Due to the cheeses and high calorie/fat dressings, they are often worse than eating a greasy burger or tenders. I hope this helps some. You ARE worth it!! So put yesterday behind you and focus on the future. Let's do this together!!!
  • josephinelucy
    josephinelucy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this group,
    I was so excited to see that there are some people out there with big challenges like me . I have been failing this weight battle all my life. If you think going out to eat is hard, can you imanage owning a restaurant and being a chef with the sight and smell of food all around you all the time? well thats how I got to where I am today. I am 67years old, just 4'10" and I have at least 120 lbs to lose. The weight finaly got to me, so I had to retire last year. if I am to have any quality of life, for whatever years I have left, I absolutlyI must lose weight. My doctor will not do knee replacement surgery until I lose some weight. I can hardly stand or walk, I am in constact pain, and unable to drive, so I am home alone most of the day just learning how to cook for two after cooking for 100+ people daily for over 40 years .
    I wish with all my heart that I had done what you "kids" are doing now. i encourage all of you to "work out" while you still can, because if you don't deal with the weight now, belive me, the reality of of what life will be like is a lot worse than you can imajine.

I joined myitnesspal before Christmas and I have been off and on many times since then, I have never communicated with a group before, so i thought that perhaps I coud get/give some encouragement this time, to see if that will help my effort. In spite of all my "problems" I will count my blessings, I have a wonderful husband who still loves me and helps me me with everthing, everday. I have three wonderful children and five grandchildren who I know would be thrilled to see me get around better. I am happy to be alive and i am looking foward with God's help to being sucsessfull this time. Thanks for listening. Jo
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo and welcome to the group!!
    Thanks for your inspiring story and words of encouragement to us all. I look forward to seeing you on our group page!!:smile: