Weekly Goals

Options
Rachel507
Rachel507 Posts: 26 Member
Alright, I don't know about any of you but i feel like I'm running out of steam lately. I already have a final goal of losing 200 lbs, but thats gonna be a long way off yet, andI'm aware of that. I set a monthly goal, this months is to lose 12 lbs. I think however that I need to set a weekly goal to have it seem more attainable to keep my focus up. My weekly goal this week is to get 30 minutes of exercise( minus the whole working, cooking, cleaning thing), and get my metabolism into high gear. i'm sure the results will show on the scale. Fingers crossed. Anyone else have any weekly goals they wanna share that I can steal for the following weeks? :smile:

Replies

• Kamalalue
    Kamalalue Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Rachel -

This week, I am making exercise my priority. I have been not putting the effort forward to do what I am supposed to do.... So this week, is the week.

Congratulations on making smaller obtainable challenges - if we both focused on the ultimate goal, I can completely understand getting overwhelmed!

Katie
  • silverpen193
    Options
    I am on a facebook group with some other people and we set ourselves a challenge each week to burn a set amount of calories through exercise. We also have challenges like - as a group to walk or run a certain distance and we mark off the amount, or to use the inch loss in our flubble (the fatty bit between your bellybutton and your pubis) to climb up the height of a celebrity. Sometimes having challenges like these as a group can help to motivate you as you see what other people are doing.
  • Rachel507
    Rachel507 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Silverpen, I like where your going with this... I like the whole walking thing and group challenges idea! Maybe for march we can see who wants to contribute and see about burning a couple thousand calories each during the month and shoot for a goal. Hmmmm, I'll think about it and post something next week before the end of the month. "Marching" into March!
  • Kamalalue
    Kamalalue Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Rachel / Silverpen -

When a challenge is decided upon, count me in!

Katie
  • calgurl855
    Options
    Rachel I know exactly how you feel my goal is so far away that it is easy to get discouraged. The last two weeks have been crazy for me. I had tons and tons of writing to do for school and I neglected my gym routine. Most of the time that would have been the excuse I needed to stop the weight loss plan. This time that is not going to happen. Next week will be different! My goal next week is to cook all my meals on Sunday (because I am so tired from school and internship at the end of the day that I often times just eat cereal or a sandwich) and to go to the gym at least three times for an hour each time.
  • meri_dian
    meri_dian Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on Sparkpeople and the one thing I love about that site is setting customized goals and tracking them. Can't seem to find that here.... but I love the food tracking interface a lot better here. It is simple... spark is unnecessarily complex and busy for nutrition tracking.