Need help with easy whole foods vegan meals

Options
Confession: I dislike making meals with more than, say, 5 ingredients, and usually prefer simplicity.

Can you throw me suggestions for easy to make meals that are just a few ingredients?

Replies

• photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I adore roasted butternut squash with houmous and salad.

I cut the sqash in half take out the seeds and roast until soft and brown, then i fill the seed hole with houmous and roast for 5 minutes, serve with salad.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Crock pot Chili : Your favorite beans, cumin, chipotle powder, corn, okra and stewed tomatoes, you can add TVP too if you want to up the protein (serve with vegan corn bread and top with Daiya Cheddar)

Crock pot bean soup: Mixed dried beans soaked the night before, onion, carrot, potato, garlic, veggie broth and liquid smoke (serve with sour dough bread)

Lasagna: Noodles, sauce, zucchini, onion, mushroom, tofu mixed with basil and garlic, daiya mozzarella if you wish

I like chilled quinoa topped with diced avocado and some braggs amino acids

Black beans and potatoes in a corn tortilla topped with avocado and green salsa

Oven roasted sweet potato and black beans

my favorite cook books are Vegan with a Vengeance, Veganomicon and Appetite for reduction all by Isa Moskowitz
  • artadvocate3
    artadvocate3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot Enchiladas:

1 can of red enchilada sauce
    1 can black beans
    1 cup diced and peeled sweet potatoes
    your favorite tortillas

Mix together first three ingredients. Layer tortillas and wet mixture in crockpot. Cook for 3-4 hours.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    now I'm hungry! thanks for the ideas, all!
  • LucybellMocha
    Options
    I try to keep fresh vegetables washed and sliced in the fridge, so if I need a quick, nutritious meal, I can throw them in the steamer for about 10 minutes and they're done. Sometimes, I will add fresh garlic and other herbs for added flavor. Additionally, I add salt, pepper and olive oil. Its quick, easy, nutritious and delicious. If you need to add more to the veggies to feel full, it only takes about 8 minutes to boil rice pasta, or even less time with shirataki noodles (tofu, for added protein) and you can do that while the veggies are steaming. Rice pasta or shirataki noodles tossed with steamed mixed veggies...yummy!
  • Poppy2791
    Poppy2791 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to just roast some veggies (yellow squash, broccoli, asparagus, and onions) in the over with olive oil, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I saute some tofu, and its a perfect meal!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of "THE BOWL"

Grain
    Veggie
    Protein
    Sauce

This has so much variation!! You can add more or less spices to make whatever you want!

Rice, broccoli, tofu, soy sauce
    Barley, tomatoes, corn, black beans, salsa
    Pasta, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, white beans, olive oil
    Rice, tempeh, broccoli, bbq sauce
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Here's a book that might interest you by Maribeth Abrams called '4-Ingredient Vegan.'

Link: http://www.amazon.com/4-Ingredient-Vegan-Maribeth-Abrams/dp/1570672326/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    http://theveganstoner.com/

Some of the meals are easier than others so go through them. Some really good stuff in there, and easy. :)
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love couscous mixed with sauteed spinach, mushrooms and onions, add salt and pepper and throw red vinegar on top. if you have time, lentils too. this is really fast and it's delicious.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of "THE BOWL"

Grain
    Veggie
    Protein
    Sauce

This has so much variation!! You can add more or less spices to make whatever you want!

Rice, broccoli, tofu, soy sauce
    Barley, tomatoes, corn, black beans, salsa
    Pasta, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, white beans, olive oil
    Rice, tempeh, broccoli, bbq sauce

Great Ideas !
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    mmm "the bowl!" i have been doing bibimbap (pretty much and asian bowl) and wishing I could think of a good way to do non-asian versions. Thanks Darkling!