Has any of you lived with an Ex before?

Options
Jarnard
Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
Have you broke up with some one and had to live with them?

If yes, how did that work out for you?

J

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    yes. and it was not fun.
  • Jarnard
    Options
    yes. and it was not fun.

For how long?? I'm in that situation. Moving out in April. It's a little tough.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    11 months. at the time was in college and moving back with the parents would have caused me to lose my financial aid.
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I did for 3 months, but it was 4 years after we have split. I had had a house fire and she had recently been widowed. I had my own room, got to see my daughter, had all my meals cooked & washing done & she got paid by the insurance company. Win win situation all round.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    makes dating difficult...
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Yes, several years ago. I only lasted a month and it was by far the most difficult period of my life. It's good you have a deadline and somewhere to go. Hang in there, stay with friends if you need a break :)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it.....
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I moved out the day my ex told me he wanted out.........could not stay there......more power to you if you can!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    No, can't imagine that to be a comfortable situation.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Never had and even when I was in a relationship, I never lived with him or even spent a night ever.

But I was advise you to just keep to yourself in the mean time. I know it must be hard, but April will be here before you know.
  • Jarnard
    Options
    To those who've experienced this, good job staying strong in this situation. I am fortunate that we're trying to be civil and we do have a deadline set for April. It's just weird because we try to hang out cuz we're living together. Who knows what'll happen til then.

j
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm living with my ex now & we've been apart for 6 months.

He could quite happily keep living here but I'm at the stage now where I'm over it & him. This weekend I've decided to sit down & have a chat with him. The place is mine so it's him that has to move.

I want to move on with my life, we get on well but it's still not right to be living with an ex. I'm ready to meet new guys now & he's cramping my style lol
  • Jarnard
    Options
    I'm living with my ex now & we've been apart for 6 months.

He could quite happily keep living here but I'm at the stage now where I'm over it & him. This weekend I've decided to sit down & have a chat with him. The place is mine so it's him that has to move.

I want to move on with my life, we get on well but it's still not right to be living with an ex. I'm ready to meet new guys now & he's cramping my style lol

Hang in there Kaz. Luckily, we will not be trapped together for that long but I think right now, we're still having our arguments about the issues we had that caused the break up. We're being civil about things. I still help her out with her out and we talk. we just don't sleep together.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.