Goals and Weaknesses

Options
I have a goal to loose 25+ pounds regardless, but it would be lovely to go down a size before my big day within the next few months so I can feel better in my wedding dress. I want to loose the weight so I can feel better and have more energy, and to be healthier. My weakness is lack of motivation. Sometimes I think I don’t have the time or energy to work out. I get lazy on those days when I’m tired and skip a workout.
But no matter how hard it gets I just have to keep telling myself that I will get stronger, it will get easier, and I will loose the weight and feel better doing so.
What are some of your weaknesses and what are your goals? Where do you think you need more work and are you happy with how your goals have turned out so far?

Also let me know if you like this message board, or if you feel it needs more topics.
Feel free to make topics and discuss freely. I made it for everyone to use.

Replies

• goodigirl2
    goodigirl2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 25 pounds by wedding day (in November). My biggest challenge is that I live 1300 miles from my fiance right now. I am a frist year teacher and am teaching high school special ed math. With a 25+ minute drive each way, by the time I get home from work and have a snack, I am pooped! For the last 4 weeks I've managed at least 3 days of good hard exercise. For 2 of those weeks, there were 4 days. I'm OK with losing weight slowly but I haven't seen much (maybe 2 pounds) progress despite the gym schedule and eating well. I know once I move back closer to my fiance the stress level will lessen but only by a little bit, as I will need to job hunt, get the house ready for visitors for the summer, and finish wedding planning. I'm just so frustrated, but I'm keeping at it knowing that my heart needs to be healthy for my body to be--exercise won't ever hurt! :)
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be toned for my wedding day.. I will need to weigh in to see where I am at as of now. My goal was 125lbs before. However I know weight doesn't tell all. You can be a low weight but still have flabby tummy etc. I want to have toned arms, and some abs!!

My weakness is the calories. I am a HUGE snacker, and its usually bad stuff that I crave. Chips and candy are my ultimate weakness. Once I get a bag of chips (yes a big one) soon as its open I usually dont stop till its all gone! I am trying my best to not snack in the evenings during the week, if I really want to I am trying to for it to be healthy and no more than 250 cals!

Scondly, alcohol and weekends!! Thats when I splurge the most - have a lil unhealthier meals, eat those extra snacks.. crave grease because of drinking the night before. I know I wont stop drinking because I enjoy letting loose on weekends but I need to try and limit the splurges to a meal instead of a whole day.

Plus this is a lifestyle, not a diet where I don't allow myself certain foods.
  • Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be around 140-145lbs by my wedding - I still have over a year to reach that goal though since I'm not getting married until May 2013.

I generally stay under my calorie goal (I have a hard time eating enough, believe it or not!) but my biggest problem is that I'm usually over on protein and sugars. I've started buying sugar free foods when possible, but this is an ongoing issue for me. I also love my sweets, and I can't give them up because then I'll crave them and end up binging on them. So I buy sugar free pudding cups and the snack pack cookies/snacks - it costs a little more, but it helps my portion control.