Where did my motivation go?!?

Options
jazzminx
jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
Hi everyone! How is everyone doing? Hopefully still at it. :smile:
I've really lost motivation lately and I need to kick myself in the butt. What are some things we can do to help each other out? I am nowhere near where I wanted to be at this time. I only have 4 more months until my brothers wedding. I would need to lose about 2.5lbs a week if I want to reach my goal, which I feel is rather unattainable so I'm just going to be happy with whatever I can lose. Unfortunately I go strong for about a week and for some reason fall off and have trouble picking myself back up. What do you all do to keep the motivation alive?

Replies

• DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's crazy how close your posts/thoughts are to my own Jasmine. I think a large chunk of my lack of motivation lately comes from the length of time I've been at this business of losing weight. I've been gaining and losing if feels like my whole life while never even coming close to where I felt comfortable. I think that this time will be a bit different for me because I've come the closest to reaching my goal than ever. I literally have less than 20-25lbs or am attempting to lose inches in the right places. I'm learning more about my body and nutrition each day and hope to make a more permanent lifestyle change when it comes to eating and physical activity.

When I think about how far I've come and think about the consequences of giving up (blowing back up to the dreaded 220+ lbs and size 18/20s yet again), I try to rein things back in quickly. It's not easy fitting in exercise being a full-time worker and part-time grad student (and I know you have it quite a bit harder relatively) and being conscious about what goes into my mouth 80-85% of the time, but it's always in the back of my head that if I call it quits, I'm failing and I don't know if it will be easy to recover yet again. Hang in there girl because I'm hanging in there too. If you need to take a week off of logging to reassess and refocus, do so. I'm reassessing because I've been on a plateau weight-wise since last fall and it's doubly hard for me to stay on track right now because I'm not seeing much reward. Anyway, I know I probably wasn't much help but hopefully my experience at least makes you realize you're not alone.