How long have you been doing NFP?

I started in late 2007/early 2008... What about you?

Replies

• viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    we took a course when DD1 was 6 months old after LAM finished. We have used it on and off since then. Have used BC when advised by DR not to get pg, or when bfing due to unpredictability. Now i've been off BC for 7 months and still can't get a regular cycle. Hopefully soon as NFP will be much easier then!
    ETA that would make it June 2008
  • Hi ladies, I am just starting NFP. I am a happily married, catholic mother of 2 children. I have been married for almost 10 years, my oldest child is almost 5 and my little one is almost 2 (both have March birthdays!) I became catholic in 2006 and one month later became pregnant with my first child (holy spirit at work perhaps?). I had my second daughter in 2010. As my husband and I are growing in our faith and raising our children in a catholic household, this has become a big topic of research and discussion. :) We are not cafeteria catholics that pick and choose which parts of catholicism fit our lifestyle but this really hadn't been an issue for us previously. Now that we are both pretty set on not having any more children, we need to be more careful and so we just started charting this month. :)
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Welcome, Sabrina. There are a lot of us that can help you. I still go back and ask questions to the person that taught me NFP.
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    sabrina, I would highly recommend taking a course, or doing a formal learning about this. I have heard that the book taking charge of your fertility is also very helpful.
  • Thanks for the advice ladies! :)

And my name is Kathy, my daughter is Sabrina. :)
  • mistresseeyore
    My name is Diana. I love Eeyore and am so happy that my son's favorite stuffed animal.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    We've been using it not quite 2 years now. We started using it after trying to get pregnant for months. I am happy to say we did! We are gonna try for our 3rd baby (our first baby is in heaven) in July...
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    I plan to start soon. Any advice on where to start as far as books and or couses?
  • mistresseeyore
    Start with the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.