Best time for workout

Options
jaszmyn
jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
I am on day 3 of turbo fire- rest day- so i have been thinking....hmmmm?? For the first 2 days I have been working out in the evening after I get home from work about 5-6pm. I have been reading how everyone has so much energy afterwords, and I feel that energy too!!!! but my energy is right before bedtime, so I alll pumped up when I am bathing my kids and getting ready for bed. (LOL). Anyway I was thinking of doing my workout at like 5:30 in the AM tomorrow morning and seeing how that goes. But I may not have time for the streatch. UGH!! I want to be consistent, whatever I decide to do. what do you think?

Replies

• AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to MAKE myself work out in the morning, but I KEEP hitting snooze! I think I'm always going to be an after-work girl, but I'm also all amped up when I'm done, so...my kitchen is clean!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself to do it in the morning... but I never do. I usually work out in the afternoons so I have enough time to burn off my energy before bed :)
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I truly believe that the best time to workout is the one that fits into your schedule the best! The time that works so that you will get it DONE! lol My first round of TF I worked out at night after the kids went to bed. I used to be a night owl so that worked out best. Now that the kids are older, I get up and workout at 5am (I am usually in bed by 8pm, so long night owl!). I couldn't imagine working out after the kids go to bed now because I am exhausted. I like how Chalene included a time to schedule your workouts in. Makes it feel like you can't miss it since its schedule into your day!

How did the early morning workout go??
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    the best time is when you can committ to doing it, seriously. I always say I will do it at the end of the day but then I get too tired or something comes up

So I try to do it first thing in the morning or after I get kids to school, that way there are no excused :)
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey if you can do it I say go for it. For me the best time to work out is the evenings. I wake up at 5:15 as it is, since I have a long commute. I cannot fathom waking up at 4:15 to work out. I did it once and I had no energy to complete the workout.
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I didn't quite make it to the morning workout this morning like I wanted to. (uh oh). So i just did it this evening, as usual. You all are right, as long as I can comitt to a certain time, that all thats important. I dont really wait for the kiddos to go to bed, I workout right before dinner. They haven't been interrupting me so far. so we will see how this goes. LOL Yes AZDIzzy....your right, I just have a clean kitchen and laundry done. I am up till like 10:30pm, still pumped from my workout, but when I fall out sleep. man. I am so wore out.....I guess i can blame that on Chalene.