My NFP story

I just wanted to share a little story about this. We started using NFP the month we conceived our child! We weren't using birth control or anything previously but we weren't using NFP either. We had been trying to conceive for 7 months and nothing. Finally, we took a NFP class and the first month using it BAM! we got pregnant with our son. Now we are using it to avoid pregnancy until my son is a year old. We plan to try again in July...can't wait!

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Awesome story. I love hearing that. NFP is an awesome way to live.

My funny story is that I was doing NFP for almost 2 years when I got pregnant. Since I have PCOS and the doctors told me that my eggs might be fried from an early childhood accident, I thought nothing of my temperatures. I just thought my PCOS was acting up again. Even my NFP adviser thought it was a little hinky, but didn't say anything, because of my long cycles back then. I started having bad sinus problems, and went to the doctor. They wouldn't give me sinus medicine until i took a test, and I argued all the way down the hallway. I was dumbfounded when I saw the positive pregnancy test.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    I am really sorry that you have to deal with PCOS. That must be so frustrating! I am really glad you did get pregnant using NFP. I really hope you have success with it again...I am sure you will!